2009/10 insurance...

Newty

Advanced Member
That time of year again!

I did this kinda post last year...I find them great to see how quotes differ...and hopefully a great help to those who wonder who to try, or if it is worth phoning around (!).

Last year I did all the usual suspects, but one which never gets a mention on this board came out on top @ £800, fully comp etc etc. That was Premium Choice...so here we go!

My details: Male, 27 (12/01/82), good postcode (roadside parking), clean licence, very rarely drink, don't smoke, no illness/health issues, home owner, work in management, expired accident claim, 5 NCB, all mods declared as follows: Lowered, 17" alloys, full exhaust system, GruppeM air filter, KPro ECU, evo style bonnet, side skirts, immobiliser security....

Sky phoned this morning with with a quote of £691...like for like for mods, £300 excess, 3rd party on other cars and all the usual other bits.
UPDATE: Calling me back after A-Plan smeshed the quote.

Premium Choice renewel quote of £749, £350 excess and all the usual. Told them about Sky's quote, she went off and came back that they will match it but still @ £350 excess.

Tett Hamilton would want a cat.1 alarm and £400 excess...£595.

A Plan call back!!!
UPDATE: £595, £300 excess, PNCB etc etc...good effort!

Brentacre Insurance Services £649.95 all the usual with £500 excess.

Performance Insurance £850....sooooo last year!!!!

Need To Insure...call back!!!

Barry Granger...call back!!!

As is normal, both said to call back if I get better quotes...like that!!!

I'll just keep updating this thread...

FINAL ONE....A Plan....£565...that'll do me for this year!!!

Telf

Really would recommend getting an online quote through admiral. Thay matched my number plate to the car exact online and came out around £512. Sky beat it with 500 bang on.

25, 5 years NCB. Very good postcode. Standard 2005 facelift DC5.

MattDC5

Advanced Member
Just got a bit of a shock. Phoned up Sky to update my mods list to include mani, decat, Kpro and remap and they added £150 to my policy........................ :eek:

Im 31, reasonable postcode, 3 years ncb. I was paying £550 with wheels, springs, gruppem, strut, catbck. So now paying £700 :cry:

Newty

Advanced Member
telf said:
Really would recommend getting an online quote through admiral. Thay matched my number plate to the car exact online and came out around £512. Sky beat it with 500 bang on.

25, 5 years NCB. Very good postcode. Standard 2005 facelift DC5.
Hmmmm...always thought these online quotes were a waste of time really...but, I tried it anyway.

£1958.45........that's a no!!!

Telf

WHAT!!! I dont undertsand insurance.

Online quotes def arent a waste of time though. Best using Tesco Compare & confused etc. theres always one in there that comes out cheap. Works for me anyway.

EDIT... Its actually PRIVILEGE that gave me the cheap quote online. Well worth trying. Sorry about that.

Newty

Advanced Member
telf said:
WHAT!!! I dont undertsand insurance.

Online quotes def arent a waste of time though. Best using Tesco Compare & confused etc. theres always one in there that comes out cheap. Works for me anyway.

EDIT... Its actually PRIVILEGE that gave me the cheap quote online. Well worth trying. Sorry about that.
Cool. Just did that....£912.45...that's a no too!!!

Newty

Advanced Member
Ah well, I have had enough for today.

So far, seems like I am going sub £600, which is impressive as last year I battled to get down to £800!

They are all shutting now, I'll pester some more on Friday morning!!

Right, time to play Football Manager for the rest of the night...........

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
You need to be very very careful with online quotes, they have Integra listed, however, it is normally a 1.8 which is the DC2.

Imports are a whole new ball game.

Telf

Privilege most def had mine down as the 2lt Integra R. Im through Sky anyway. They def seem the best.

Sorry I couldnt be of any help. Try blink once in awhile playing champ manager in the 5 hours it usually takes.