200BHPCARS - Customer Testamonials

200BHPCARS

Cars Trader
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to open a new thread to thank everyone on the forum for their overwhelming support for our personal import service with regards to sourcing quality DC5 Type R's from Japan.

We have now imported around 30 DC5 Type R's this year already and i must say it has been a pleasure dealing with each and every one of them.

If i could ask any of our customers to post there testamonials on this thread i would be very grateful.

I understand alot of you have already posted kind words elsewhere on the forum but i think it would help future customers of ours alot if they could see all of our previous imports in one place.

I also understand that we are all very busy so dont worry if you dont have time to post on here or can only post a few words, any comments are much appreciated.

Please also feel free to cut and paste your comments from other sections of the forum if you wish if you have already posted elsewhere - and finnaly it goes without saying that if you would like to post a pic of your DC5 with your comments then that would be great too. :wink:

thanks in Advance.

Andy
200bhpcars.com

vt-marty

Advanced Member
My decision to buy a DC5 and sell my DC2 was a quick one once id found andy's site.
To be honest one big plus for me was location. He's in Newcastle and im an hour down the road in Cleveland. So I figured I could check out any cars he got it easily.

As it happened I fell in love with a well priced '01 DC5 that was days from the port at Newcastle and still had no owner. So I didn’t go and see any prior to making the decision. The only one id seen 'in the flesh' was mikegsi's for a quick look.

I spoke/emailed Andy, who was on holiday in Japan, and the deal was done.

In a week I had decided to get one, found one, and been made completely comfrotable with paying £10k+ upfront for a car that wasn’t even in the country.

I was surprised with myself but andy did make the money side of things easy to get my head round. He offered my full money back/resource a new DC5 if I was at all unhappy with the one id agreed to buy. TOP STUFF!

So luckily for me I only had to wait around 3 weeks from deciding to get a DC5 till I was the proud owner.

His service was perfect. He is polite, and the people he works with are good people too .
He accomodated plans without a problem and I cant recommend him enough.

If id known what I know now, having bought from him, id travel from anywhere in the country to get a car from 200bhpcars. Its that simple.

Ok ok, it sounds like im on a 'backhander' here but I think if people read stuff like this they will have confidence to buy

Only downside to my purchase, which wasn’t Andy's fault, was the delay in SVA. Took an extra week. Not his fault and not uncommon so be flexible if buying from an importer who is SVA'ing

Enjoy….i am.

gixer750

Advanced Member
after researching various dealers, the overwhelming opinion was:
Andy souces cars almost identical to your specification. he can compete with any dealer and often beat their prices.
the toughest part is the leap of faith with buying upfront, but this is just a 'buyer beware' nervous reaction. this thread will help many to beat that reluctance to pay for something they cannot see and touch.

my car is exactly as described, at the best price i could find. Cheers Andy and co.

(keep a log of exactly what you want/pay for/expect. with so many similar cars, it can get a little muddled. Andy would appreciate me saying this, it helps avoid delays! :wink: )

oh and i am nowhere near Newcastle, the first and only time i met Andy was when i collected my teg. i have worked in the motor trade for nearly twenty years and i wish more car dealers shared Andys enthusiasm for good customer care.

stickybuds

After researching possible sources to get a DC5 i decided to go down the importing route mainly because of Andy, as after doing my research andy seemed to provide the best car for the money. Andy is based approximately 4 and a half hours from me, so it is not exactly local , however reading the testimonials from people on this site and his own site i felt like it was the best choice!

The cost of a DC5 is alot of money to me, i have never spent that much money on anything before so you can imagine i was a bit cautious about paying someone i have never met for i car i have never seen in FULL, but after speaking to andy on the phone he seemed like a genuine guy and put my mind at ease, so i put my money down and waited... and waited and waited some more. Then on Thursday it was finally time to pick her up and i am SO glad i made that decision i really am, for the last 4 days i have had a beaming smile from ear to ear, the car is as it was described to me exactly, ABSOLUTELY MINT! I love it!

Thanks so much Andy and Danielle, it was nice to be able to put faces to the voices after 3 months of phone conversations hehe :lol: You have done a cracking job with the car, i am so happy!

Anyone contemplating taking the plunge i would say, just do it! The wait is killer but once you have the car in your possession its all history! 8)

neilmac

Went to Dicksons to look at a DC5, was disgusted by the attitude of the sales manager & decided to look elsewhere. Andy had a cw 2003 one advertised on the forum so i went to meet him & check him out before i handed a stranger a hefty sum of cash for a car that wasn`t even in the uk. Was struck right away by what a genuine, friendly bloke he was so did the deal shortly after. The wait is a nightmare but its just a distant memory now. I cannot recommend 200 bhp cars strongly enough. If you`re in the market for a jdm car of any kind give him a call. Hoping to change to an FD2 in the next 12 months or so & i won`t be looking anywhere else for it.

clio_phil

Just like to say thanks to Andy and richard for a faultless sale of another stunning dc5. Picked the car up yesterday, richard met me a the station, took me to ther unit and showed me around the car, needless to say everthing was as described, the car is stunning, drives superb, serviced, valeted and tanked up with petrol, richard even gave me the £1.10 to get through the tyne tunnel. I am over the moon.
Thankyou.

dan the man

Advanced Member
tried to sell my DC5 back in march.. every PM said i can get one cheaper at 200BHP cars so my sale took ages.

the end. :(

just kidding, ive never bought from him as yet not found another company who has pleased so many people. Everytime i come on the forum hes on with happy faces all around..

just dont start importing NSXs or i WILL come up and sabotage the boat :idea:

:lol:

Stevieg

Advanced Member
Here's a copy of my origional praise 200bhp post :lol:

"Finally after the long wait I have my DC5!

I just wanted to thank Andy and Danielle for the great service they gave in getting me the right car, hassle free with all the bits I asked for :D

The is in excellent condition (as described) and was buffed to perfection when i went to collect it :D

It performed impeccably on the 5 hour journey back home and is now sitting proudly on my drive :D

Cheers Andy mate, I hope you have a great holiday and good luck with the wedding! :wink: " Though this last bit has happened so maybe it should read - good luck with married life eh Andy :lol:

Steve

craigcolt

Advanced Member
Like many DC2 owners. The next step in the motoring world is to own a DC5.
After a few months of deciding and researching i decided to take the next step. I was even lucky enough to go out in one, cheers Danny. we had a little chat and Danny recommended 200bhpcars as he had used them when importing his. so i phoned Andy (A very nice chap) at 200bhpcars and left him with my deposit. 10 weeks later i am now the proud owner of a one of a kind DC5.

So many many thanks to Andy, Danielle and Richard for such a great car and service.

keevster

Advanced Member
Just found this tread :lol:

I Bought my Champ white from 200bhp cars 7 months ago. I am over the moon with the car, it was mint when i picked it up.

Thats one of the reasons i went with Andy, his rep was pretty good and the cheapest car i could find elsewhere with my spec and year was around 1500 quid more expensive. So it was a no brainer for me.

And as far as cash up front, i had done this previous anyway, so it did not scare me.

Also cannot fault 200bhpcars for customer service, very friendly and very helpful, even go out of there ways to keep you happy with stuff, things that other car dealerships would chase you with. :lol:

I have recommended Andy to several people now, and i am sure they will go and recommend him further.

Keep up the good work guys at 200bhpcars, as i will be back :lol:more than likely for the FD2 :wink:

Paul :wink:

Hope4sun

A Big thumbs up from me for Andy at 200bhp too, placed my order and the communications has been great (even when he was on his honeymoon :shock: )

Thanks to Danielle for picking me up from the station and to Andy for making the whole process a breeze (even with all the problems caused by the insurance company screwing up :evil: )

So if your looking for a mint DC5 at a good price, 200bhp is the place to go, i look forward to actually getting the car on some B roads soon (motorway all the way home did not allow for much, though i think i must have at least a 500 point word score (as in scrabble scrabble at every junction and overtaking :wink: (all those years of rear wheel drives))

morgan

Advanced Member
Just wanted to add a little entry on this thread to say what a great bunch 200bhp are.

I had been scouting for a DC5 for a while, but had seen some rubbish, and some silly prices. Joined this forum just 'lurking' really and came accross Andy (200bhp). Decided to give him a call...

I have bought alot of cars over the years (about 20 I think ! ) and I can honestly say that dealing with 200bhp has been the best experience by far. Importing something like the DC5 is scary for most of us, and 200bhp could not have been more helpful.

The first hurdle to get over is the whole 'money up front' business. I dont know really what Andy and co can do about this, it really is just up to the individual to do their homework. It feels odd - but it does have advantages. Running the business model like this does means rather than turn over junk at a quick buck, Andy can be very picky about the cars , almost matching the car to customer, and then getting the money back in to the business for more cars. (without having to wait the 2 months with capital tied up to sell the car). To the customer, it allows you to source the car you want at a very reasonable mark up - his cars are mint, the pricing reasonable and open. (On a personal note I really liked the -"This is the price" angle. Haggling is a pain...)

Only sourcing grade 4 and up cars, the value add stuff (servicing, valeting, undersealing, SVA etc etc) is the icing on the cake.

I had very fussy requirements, and even found my car on the wrong Japanese Island whilst Andy was on his honeymoon ! Car was bid, bought, shipped to Tokyo , imported , converted etc etc all by 200bhp.

Couldnt be happier. Car is excellent. Service is the best in the industry. I sincerely wish Andy and Danielle every success with the business. Very happy customer.

Morgan.

neilmac

Big thanks to Andy & the guys. Bought my DC5 in february & loved it. Traded it back in against an Fd2 & picked it up on saturday. Wouldn`t hesitate to go back for the next car. Might manage to keep this one for a bit longer though. The wait is hell but the end result & the friendly service more than compensate for it. :D

claire83

Just want to say a HUGE thank you to Andy and James at 200BHP CARS.

The wait was agonizing but jeez it was worth it. I smiled all the way home and more. I love my new car, its perfect. Thought my short a$$ would struggle a little bit but its no problem at all. :D

I recommend them to anyone who's looking to buy a great car at an excellent price from two of the most decent people i have met, yous have been so helpful from day one.. :wink:

James you did a spot on job getting my car gleaming :wink: Cheers bud, lol don't know how long it will stay like that so i might take you up on the offer of a full valet :lol:

Im more than happy with your services. Thank you so much and good luck for the future.
:wink: :D

Ross M

Advanced Member
Another satisfied customer adding to this post. :)

I had looked at a couple of cars, but they where either overpriced or not in great condition. I think the thing that made me go to Andy was the personal service he offers along with what you get for the price just confirms you are doing the right thing!

Andy was brilliant, phone calls, texts and emails. He goes out of his way to help, Especially as he has so many other people to help! :wink:

The car was EXACTLY as described, I love it so much!

Thank you Andy, Danielle and James (car looked great bud) :wink: :) .

Anyone wanting to import a car need look no further, yes the wait feels like it takes forever, and paying upfront for a car is scary too but again Andy reassures you all the way! :D

Thanks Again,

Ross (One very very very happy CW DC5 Owner)!

Frazdog

Advanced Member
I had previously posted this!!

I picked up my car from Andy (200bhpcars) on sat n i couldn't be happier with the car, service and everything else that went into purchasing my DC5. The car is everything i expected and more. Andy (& family) were more than nice and even picked us up in Newcastle where i had dropped of my hire car (I'm from Glasgow). Oh and lets not forget the cup of tea they made us!!
On arrival Andy went over the car with me to make sure i had no complaints, he then took me out in it to make sure i was happy with the car before i left. Of course there was no issues!!

If anyone is looking to buy a DC5 or any other import i would highly recommend them and would definitely do business with them again!!

Since then i have had the car almost a year and have had no issues to report. Car still runs like a dream and i will be more than happy to do business with 200bhp cars again!

200BHPCARS

Cars Trader
Posted by Chris in the Traders for sale section -

Finally got it!

After time seems to have been going at half speed for the last few weeks I have finally got my teg. I must say it is fantastic and everything I wanted it to be. Once again Andy has come up trumps with a fantastic example. Had a great drive back from the north-east to leeds yesterday, and everyone at work is laughing at me due to my big grin today.

Thanks a lot to Andy for pushing the DVLA to get the paperwork sorted, and I'll add my name to those on here who can recommend his services.

Will get pics up soon (when I've had chance to wash it after the rain on the motorway yesterday :roll: )

PS anyone know how to convert the stereo into english! :lol:

mark type r

Advanced Member
When i got to 200BHPCARS to view my car for the first time i was expecting the same sort of wear and tear as every used car ive ever bought. On entering Andy's premesis and seeing my car sitting there my first thought was WOW. The car was practically perfect and more than i bargained for!

Andy and Danielle couldn't have done any more to make me feel at home. Their service is second to none and i would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a car.

The drive back in the Integra was the best feeling in the world. I still keep looking out the window at it on my driveway.

Thank you Andy for making one of my dreams come true :wink:

.::Ant::.

Advanced Member
Ordering a £14,000 car with full payment upfront is daunting (most of my friends thought I was nuts), but Andy's reputation on here and the excellent service he provided when I had found the car I wanted (he only had about 12 hours notice from when I first phoned him and the auction going through in Japan to bid on it :wink: ) made it a more sane decision.

There were a couple of glitches along the way, and some fun with the Royal Mail, which Andy to his credit did his very best to sort out on a very short timescale, and find a way around to make sure that I could still collect my car on time.

Andy is also happy to spend a lot of time with you face to face rather than just giving you the car and shoving you out the door with the keys. Far more hospitable and welcoming than any other car dealer I've ever purchased from. He also took his time to take me to the local Shell on a very busy day for him (ensue fun with a roundabout and some mis-interpreted hand signals :D )

The car was perfect, it's in supreme condition. Even given the fact the car is 6 years old, it looked as though it had never been sat in before, let alone driven.

For a £14k up front payment, a 3 month wait, a 640mile round trip, no sleep for 2 days, and a lack of fingernails, it has proved more than worth it.

She claimed her first victim yesterday at my local petrol station. One guy was so busy staring at the Teg at the pump, he walked straight into the closed entrance door. Ensue giggles. I think that sums it up nicely. :D

Cheers Andy.

to-fu

another pair of extremely happy customers here. everything you need to know has already been said in this thread.
like a lot of andy's customers we based our choice on andy's reputation and paid upfront for the car. of course it does seem a bit strange handing over so much money for a car you've never seen, but having met andy beforehand, and reading these testimonials and andy's guarentees we decided to go ahead and do it.
we couldnt be more pleased with our car. its totally awesome and a real credit to andy, danielle and everyone involved at 200bhp. we LOVE IT!!
so far andy's after-sales service has been brilliant as well - and the hospitality we have been shown by him and danielle when we have met them has been first class. we're looking forward to keeping in touch with you guys!
200BHP FTW!!!!!
mike and katie