Have a check here and click 'Vehicle Enquiry':
http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/

Mine has gone from £245 to £260!!! £15 Rise but still... :xrealangry:

As if petrol wasn't raking in enough money... <_<

http://www.parkers.co.uk/News/Road-tax/Guide-to-tax-changes/

Feel sorry for anyone in Band L on here!!! :blink:

Grov

Banned
It doesn't just go on emissions for us though does it? i payed £205 for mine last October which is less than my dads 1.8 MX5.

sovietspybob

Advanced Member
Sucks to me be :( - 265g/km

But as its a 2005 their used to be a cut off in 2006 so any car pre 2006 would only pay the 245quid but not any more

Good job my tax isn't due to next year!

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
i bet band K will jump to the 400+ mark next time they amend the road tax rates. DVLA why don't you come and just rape and pillage me now?

kingston

Advanced Member
What happens if on your V5 and on their system its registering a 0 g/km, do you think you can get away without having to pay?

dave7368

Advanced Member
I don't think it's a bad deal really, i reckon we're getting our moneys worth from road tax :xlol:

H105Daz

Advanced Member
Just had to renew mine online .. £215, so up another tenner on last year. I wouldn't mind if the roads were kept in good nick. :xrealangry:

mikegsi

Staff member
tfft.

just checked the missus car as i thought it may have gone right up to the £445 price (3.0 v6 td) but fortunatley its just in the bracket below that otherwise it would of gone the journey

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Yeah, but how come you pay 260 and others 400 odd and me 215.. Is it the facelift cars that pay the highest because there newer?
There are 3 possible Tax bands the DC5 falls in to - regardless of Age.

A. PLG - £200

B. 223 g/kg Model Report = £300

C 234 g/kg Model Report = £415

Which Band each indivdual Car is regsitered in was detemined by the importer.

Cars imported to the UK from 2001-2004 are more likely to be PLG. This braket is actually reserved for cars manufactured before 2001 (No Dc5's!) but a few years ago (before the big kick off about Emmisions and Green taxes) the DVLA often registered all imports as PLG as it was a force of habit. If you have one of these cars you are lucky to be paying up to £215 a year less in road tax compared to other Dc5 owners.

Just a note, we were still getting away with registering all of our Dc5 imports on PLG tax band until around late 2007 - after that the DVLA closed the loop hole.

After PLG, it depends which of the 2 Model reports were used to SVA test the Dc5 by the individual importer.

Again, back before the Super Motorist taxes - it wouldnt have really mattered to importers which report they used - as the varying emmisions levels of 223 vs 234 g/kg of carbon emmisions didnt have an impact on the Vehicle excise duty rate. However it does now...

If your Dc5 was registered on the Latter of the two model report then unfortunatly i dont think there is anything you can do about it.

Amazingly there are still some clueless importers out there still using the model report which puts the Dc5 in to the highest tax band. Costing then a further £100 or so for 6 months tax at the time of registering and the owner a Road tax bill of £415 from New year.

As mentioned, if your buying a pre-registered Dc5 check on the database with the DVLa to find out whic of the 3 potential categories it falls in to.

http://www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk/

Hope this helps clarify matters for potential buyers...

Andy

200bhp

NiCkO

Advanced Member
if mine was 205 last year is it likly to be 215 this year as iv not got to tax it yet

jay82

Advanced Member
if you all lived in ireland you would be paying 550 sterling a year so stop moaning over £15 :-&quot;
just taught i'd make most of you feel better :xlol:
my younger brothers 1.25 fiesta is more than class k :xlol:
wish we had that system here