21 with 4 years NCB

Griffyn

Now I have had a look through the forum and seems that some 21year olds are getting reasonable quotes.

I have loved all the Type-Rs and almost bought a new FN2 but decided its alot of money for someone my age who doesn't own a house yet.

I have been debating a EP3 or DC5. DC5 is what my heart says, EP3 my brain says since performance difference isn't massive and much cheaper to get a mint EP3 and insure.

Now I am definitely gona be changing my car this year (had my 1.0l Yaris since i was 17, lovely car but too slow for my needs, after having a go in a SLK AMG (SO FAST, 60 in 4.6), Boxter S and drivng an Audi A6 2.7 Bi-Turbo quite a few times my Yaris doesn't quite cut it.

So I can be tempted to wait till I am 22 and have 5 years NCB (I have it protected atm) and then get a DC5. Does anyone have an idea of how much it will probably set me back?

kingston

Advanced Member
well why dont you phone the numerous insurance companies mentioned and find out?

everyone is different and with all these cheap quotes of late, are alot less than im paying and im 3/4 years older than you...

Suped

Advanced Member
Get the EP3 and build up your insurance for a year or so. Its a more safer bet than going straight into a DC5. If your minted, then get the AMG!!! I would! :lol:

bezza4

Advanced Member
Griffyn said:
Thats quite encouraging :D

Can I ask what your excess is and do you have protected NCB?
Nobody else could come close to that quote. So at 21, think you would struggle still. It is with A plan and yes NCB is protected and think my excess is £500.

linzi94

Advanced Member
i look at these ages and wonder, how all these young whipper snappers can afford to even buy a DC5 let alone run and insure one :shock:

must be gettin old.....

kingston

Advanced Member
i know, i remember when i was 23 and getting quoted close to 2k for insurance

now youve got 21 tears old gettting quoted less than what im payong now and im 25 :( still renewal time at end of month so should be good...

AlanS

Advanced Member
just got a quote from A plan 22 with 2 yrs NCB lives in a mediem rated area with a 2002 model for £1895 fullycomp!
does this sound ok?

bezza4

Advanced Member
AlanS said:
just got a quote from A plan 22 with 2 yrs NCB lives in a mediem rated area with a 2002 model for £1895 fullycomp!
does this sound ok?
Sounds about right. I pay £1250 with them and was 22 with 5 yrs NCB. I think my post code is meant to be good too!

davidai

sounds so encouraging cos im 22, coming on to 23 in a few months, but i have 0ncb >.< knew i shouldve have got that group 11car that i couldve earn ncb on :cry: