225 tyres + spoon springs

itrboi

Advanced Member
Hi,

Another tyre thread I know......sorry.

Looking at buying 4 x Bridgestone re070 , after a lot of positive comments on the forum about them.

Car is only used on dry weekends so not too bothered about wet grip too much.

With spoon springs and FRSU any chance they will rub?

Also no XL version either?

Thanks in advance :)

miki1212

Advanced Member
depends on wheel size and offset if they rub or not..? though if its a dry weekend car i would use 215/45 R888.

itrboi

Advanced Member
Sorry should of said - standard wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Hi there

Exactly the setup I've gone for buddy

Spoon springs
17x7.5 wheels et45
Re070 225/45's

Along with the usual camber arms, bolts and the right amount of geometry I have no concerns about this setup I've run way worse.

I don't foresee you having any major issues with rubbing, maybe a very slight scrub on the front arch liners if at extreme manoeuvres like on and off driveways or something but I doubt it. So many people running bigger with no issues 225's are becoming the norm

itrboi

Advanced Member
Thanks from what I have read it seems the way forward, I hate choosing tyres :(

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
I have Spoon springs, RE070 225 45 17 and 17x 8J ET 38 and get a minor rub on the back

You will be fine

Rom

Advanced Member
It's all in the geo. With the right geo, you can get a lot of sizes to fit.

I don't like 225 on oem, though I'm running F1s, which have much softer sidewalls.. I've got re070 for my other wheels.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Kenz

Advanced Member
I'm running 17x7.5 et45 rota slipstreems with Goodyear eagle f1 225/45/17. Car is also lowered on eibach pro springs with a frsu and have no problems with rubbing at all. I'm looking at getting RE070s in a few months and was also wondering why there is no XL option? Cheers

2ndy

Advanced Member
My track wheels are 17x7.5 with a 225 tyre but are a 45 offset and they dont rub so i would say OEM fitment would be grand. Saying that i had a 5mm spacer on the back which i forgot to take off and they rubbed with that so it must have been close

itrboi

Advanced Member
Ended up going for the ad08r :) see what they are like

itrboi

Advanced Member
That's what I thought to be honest. Black circles were the cheapest too at £88 a corner :)

integraleo

Advanced Member
Re070s don't have an xl version because sidewalls are already stiffer than as2s xl!! I run 30mm drop eibachs with frsu on oem wheels and re070s and they have never ever rubbed. As long as I drive a dc5 unless track only wheels going on I will never ever run another tyre. Love my re070s

itrboi

Advanced Member
integraleo said:
Re070s don't have an xl version because sidewalls are already stiffer than as2s xl!! I run 30mm drop eibachs with frsu on oem wheels and re070s and they have never ever rubbed. As long as I drive a dc5 unless track only wheels going on I will never ever run another tyre. Love my re070s
This is good info and I will be trying them on my next tyre purchase thanks :)

p1tse

Advanced Member
itrboi said:
That's what I thought to be honest. Black circles were the cheapest too at £88 a corner :)

I thought that price was good but then looked as its a non fitted price

itrboi

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:
I thought that price was good but then looked as its a non fitted price
Yeah I'm getting my wheels painted so will just get them to fit them :)

ollydc5

Advanced Member
I know a lot of people use online suppliers or eBay to purchase tyres from but I've been getting mine ordered in through a local company. Biggest bonus they fit for free and price matched the cheapest source :) just a thought just in case