225 TYRES WITH PSS9 COILOVERS AND FRSU

cam87

Hi guys

i currently have 215/45/17 tyres on the car and it will need some new tyres soon and i just wanted to know if 225 section tyres will cause any issues with rubbing etc? Im sure ive come across someone who said they caused rubbing on lowered cars?

Thanks guys :)

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Basically depends how low and how much camber you have. Also width and offset of wheels if not oem.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Hi guys

i currently have 215/45/17 tyres on the car and it will need some new tyres soon and i just wanted to know if 225 section tyres will cause any issues with rubbing etc? Im sure ive come across someone who said they caused rubbing on lowered cars?

Thanks guys :)
Hi there I‘m running 225/45/17 ad08r‘s on oem wheels with bilstein b16 pss9‘s and my geo is as below

Camber Front -2.5degrees both sides
Camber Rear -2degrees both sides

Toe is 1 degree each side out on front
Toe is 1 degree each side in on rear

No issues or rubbing at all and my cars been corner weighted fully

Hope that helps

Carl

cam87

Thanks for the reply guys,

The car is on the oem wheels and i think it has around a 35mm drop, maybe 40mm im not sure. As for the FRSU it think its just the generic 1.5 negative camber all round and -1.0 toe.

Thank you for the reply guys its appreciated :)

carl hammond

Advanced Member
cam87 said:
Thanks for the reply guys,

The car is on the oem wheels and i think it has around a 35mm drop, maybe 40mm im not sure. As for the FRSU it think its just the generic 1.5 negative camber all round and -1.0 toe.

Thank you for the reply guys its appreciated :)
You‘ll be fine as I ran that same setup pretty much with my mugen spoon combo that‘s a 40mm drop and tracked it with no issues, scrubs or running on any wheels etc

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
You'll be absolutely fine mate. Have a look at staggered setups such as 235 front and 225 rear as this may help with handling, I might go down that route myself in the future as from what I've read it can help massively.

Fez

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
You'll be absolutely fine mate. Have a look at staggered setups such as 235 front and 225 rear as this may help with handling, I might go down that route myself in the future as from what I've read it can help massively.
You have enough complaints about the way yours drives now, staggered i found made mine much worse 😂 dont think it will be for you.