2nd gear gone?

imran95

Hi guys so i was driving casually down a high street doing 20 mph in third gear. Dropped to second gear to turn right then i heard a slight bang and second gear just felt like neautral. It just revs and doesnt move the car. Go in gears fine but in second its like neutral. I parked up right aways and now i have a grinding noise. Has the gear box basically gone?
Tia

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Does it go into all gears ok? Or does it pop back out of the selection position?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Speak to JDMFresh, hes breaking a dc5 and also has a workshop so could swap the box over for you if needed.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
Speak to JDMFresh, hes breaking a dc5 and also has a workshop so could swap the box over for you if needed.

Plus i'm sure he'll love to see his old teg lol :p

Reggie91

Advanced Member
To be honest, you might be better off rebuilding the box and upgrading the parts. Running the c400bhp you are, your gearbox will only go again

carl hammond

Advanced Member
To be honest, you might be better off rebuilding the box and upgrading the parts. Running the c400bhp you are, your gearbox will only go again
I agree with this as fix once and do it right and it will last and if nothing more at least last the life fo the car with you. Build it right and you'll be happy and fault free for years imo.