2nd Gear Synchro

Petrolhead

Petrolhead said:
Just to put all your minds at rest, currently owning a CTR i have spent the past couple of years on the CTR web site etc. And the 2nd crunchyness when cold is a characteristic of the gearbox but is othing to worry about. Mine does it, and is especialy tough when a frosty morning.

Many people have had them checked out by Honda and its absolutely nothing to worry about. Its just a characteristic of the 6 speed box :wink:
Just to update everyone with the 2nd gear issue and update my post. Its been mentioned on the CTR forum that Honda have recognised an issue with the 2nd gear synchros and are issueing a statement in the next couple of months with a remedy i beleive, so i will almost certainly get my CTR looked at. Will keep you posted if this rumor materialises!

Erm

Advanced Member
ok last night on my way home from kent my gearboxes started making some dodgy noises and i straight away thought its proper buggered and i'd need a new one

now reading this some of you are suggesting its kinda normal for it to make noises???? cuz i've never had em before and i werent pushing the car THAT hard or miss any gears to bugger it up so now i am confused!!!!

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

what sorta noises are normal apart from the 2nd gear clunk?

jonster

Advanced Member
Hi Erm,

I've done 32k miles in mine and only had the 2nd gear problem when cold up to about 14k miles. I've had no problems since. I have had the gearbox oil changed by Guy at CPL a few weeks ago and it made a big difference. Gear chages are a lot smoother now. I intend to change the gear box oild more frequently now.

I hope you problem is not too serious.

Cheers,

Jon