2nd ITR DC5 in Germany

JT3173

Advanced Member
Hi again,

Well after finally selling my Caterham R300 with a tear in my eye as it went to its new home, I am the proud owner of what can only be described as a fine example of a pre facelift 2004 CW ITR DC5.

I now own the car that Fonz600 had.

The car is a real credit to the guy, it is immaculate and has many choice modifications with it. I do not think I could have found a more honest car and seller and upon walking up to the car and having a quick look around I knew it was the car for me and had to have it.
This was bad news for Fonz as I know how much he loved that car from what he said and knew he would find it hard to part.
I would like to apologise to Fonz, and my other half who were both in the car for the initial drive, took a little time to get used to the sensitivity of the car, especially the throttle and clutch, coupled with the indicators on the wrong side all together knocked my brain for six, hence my driving suffered!

So far the experience of owning the car has been a true joy and I can honestly say although different from the R300 in may ways I prefer the way this car drives. I have never had such a huge smile on my face now used to the car a little more pressing on quickly over the North Yorkshire moors, I am very impressed!

I have brought the car over to Germany, getting here this morning with again, a huge smile.

Thanks Fonz for being cool about the whole arrangement and I hope you get a nice Evo and enjoy it. I will take good care of her as promised.

I will post some new photos of her once they have been emailed to me from the moors blast.

James :D

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
So you in BFG then mate? If so, I got a couple of questions as I might end up over there soon:

Who did you get insurance with and how did they find the car on the database?

You having any trouble BFG'ing it? As in Continental headlights etc?

Finally, if you want to chat on MSN give me a PM.

EDIT just read you've just got there - SORRY! :lol:

fonz600

Advanced Member
:cry:

Yeah I was gutted. When u phoned the other day I was gonna ask for it back :lol:

Think I've made a big mistake but hey I could always buy another one some time down the line.
Look after it now James.

P.S I'm just glad u made it back in 1 piece. I was worried you'd be going down the motorway on the wrong side :wink:

JT3173

Advanced Member
:(
Sorry to hear that mate, I said to my girlfriend that I felt gutted for you too and she did too.
I really found it hard actually, I was happy though as I am sure you can understand, I just wish you were too.
I hated coming back for the parts that I left, I thought you put them in the boot, it was a little rushed as I was worried I would be in the dog house with the missus.
After about 100 miles or so and a change into Puma Kart Cat boots I managed to master the very sensitive pedals and steering and did not drive on the right once, until I got off the ferry :D
Hope you find a sorted Evo!

James

timp

Advanced Member
could be the third ITR in Germany, there is defo one in Erlangen i see it parked at the Siemens training center everytime i am there and its running on German plates

JT3173

Advanced Member
Damn :(

I will have to find that car and the owner, I am sure I can.

Is it a nice car, what is it like colour wise and looks wise, any mods?

What are you doing in this neck of the woods, Nurburgring, or a legal top speed test :?:

:D

JT3173

Advanced Member
Doh, just read your thread again, silly me :!:

I think I can guess who that is if you see it there at Siemens, it must be NiTrO, he works for them.

I could still be second :D :lol:

Little things please little minds :lol:

timp

Advanced Member
blue one mate pre facelift looks spot on, has a set of wheels on it but not totally sure what they are, could be Advans.

I'm there for two weeks next month so will look for it and the owner.

JT3173

Advanced Member
Well I guess I will just have to accept it then, I am the third, still, better than not being one of the numbers at all! :)

Yes, that would be great if you could find out who he is as I cannot find another one on here in Germany and he must know of this forum!

If he does not, :? tell him :!: :D

NiTrO

Advanced Member
Congratz!!! :D

Upon making enquiries about DC5 in Germany. I haven´t find any, the TÜV didn´t found one too, also the KBA (don´t know how to translate to eng.)! Only RSX.

Maybe it is a RSX in ITR Style? The RSX in Hong Kong is also a righthand. I have seen it, when I was there...

NiTrO

Advanced Member
Oh I thought you´re a German.
What I wrote was something like "hey whats up" :wink:

JT3173

Advanced Member
NiTrO said:
Oh I thought you´re a German.
What I wrote was something like "hey whats up" :wink:
Very nicely put that Daniel, "a German" :lol:

No, Jay is an "Inselaffe", just like me :wink:

He is after buying a DC5 or JDM EP3 in a year or so after coming from a 320bhp Focus ST with simalar performance to a cruise missile.

spin

yer it was but to fast some times so tought i would go for a honda some thiing different i think

NiTrO

Advanced Member
hehe, at 1st I want to write "Kraut" but that I wrote "a German" :lol:

Nice to have you here spin... :D