3" cat back exhaust on standard ecu safe?

Darren4

Advanced Member
Hi All

Got my 3" exhaust put on last Saturday as car felt good on the drive back. Started the car in the evening and driving home the car wouldn't really accelerate at a all!

Turned the car on the Next day and the idle was really bad, thought it would just need clearing up on a drive, but still no acceleration. At a junction the car died once I was coming to a stop. Managed to get it home where I got breakdown recovery to come have a look.

Wanted them just to scan the car, but no error codes :(.

My question.. is it wise to have this exhaust on a standard ecu? I'm thinking as my cars standard the requested fuel ect is all wrong now?

Thanks for any help people :)

Darren

MrRy

Advanced Member
In an ideal world any breathing modification needs a remap as soon as is convenient. I would definitely say so for a 3" exhaust as that is a big difference for N/A. Get it properly tuned so you can actually get the most from your exhaust! :)

kazmo

Advanced Member
i would definitely say this has nothing to do with changing your exhaust, it really wouldnt make that much difference

Liam

Advanced Member
kazmo said:
i would definitely say this has nothing to do with changing your exhaust, it really wouldnt make that much difference
+1. If the car is cutting out at junctions etc then you have an underlying issue.

Fez

Advanced Member
I wouldn't say it was exhaust. I'd be very surprised if it was.
Unless you changed collector size on the manifold aswell.