3" exhaust options...

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Hi all,

i know a few people on here are running 3" systems and i am considering this for more power from my rotrex, but whats peoples verdict on the available options?

ive seen the ktuned 3" oval system, but does the oval b pipe not actually restrict airflow (i looked on clubrsx for this and there isnt much on there, but some guys did mention it can still be restrictive.)

sadly i cant get down to solid fabrications in kent as its too far so thats ruled out, so i am possibly looking at a local exhaust place to do a custom system.

how does the drone on a 3" system compare to a 2.5" one? my car isnt a daily so this isnt really a problem, but just good to know for the info...

what do you guys have?

miki1212

Advanced Member
shame you cant get to solid fab mate, top quality sfuff, i have one of their 3'' systems, about 3 years now and still looks great, they drone a bit compared to smaller diameter pipes, but its really not that bad, soon forget its there. i wouldnt hesitate to go there again or recommend anyone to have a 3''

integraleo

Advanced Member
Personally I hated the drone on my 3" so much so I sold it after 6 weeks. That was a solid fab one with biggest middle silencer that fits. I know what you mean though about freeing up power,the 3" gained me 10hp and 20lbft of torque at 5000rpm when I was NA. I think my baffles have just started to go in my kakimoto regu06r this week... That or I have a leak somewhere but I've not had chance to look yet. Mine is a daily so quiet cruising is important to me. I'm also aiming to up power on my charger this year so might have to swap out back box but I do so love my kakimoto

miki1212

Advanced Member
haha, totally agree, but it's impossible to describe what an exhaust is like, one persons awful will be someone else's not too bad, do what we all have to do, suck it and see..

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
good points both!

i had a unlseinced b pipe with js back box... and that was too much as a daily, even as a weekender lol.

so im thinking a 3" drone cant be as bad as that!

Pasty

Banned
Well from what's been said, the tdi north 3" is track friendly song gather from that it wouldn't be that loud. It's the system in choosing for my ITBs set up

integraleo

Advanced Member
Pasty said:
Well from what's been said, the tdi north 3" is track friendly song gather from that it wouldn't be that loud. It's the system in choosing for my ITBs set up
In Na form yes the tdi north 3" system is track friendly but if you ask them what it's like with a charger it's a whole different story. It's something to do with the speed of the exhaust gases. My kakimoto regu06r is definitely much louder on full chat now it's charged than when it wasn't

Fez

Advanced Member
I had a so-fab 3" on my civic but didn't have any drone at all on that.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
dont fancy tdi north one, they are out the way so would make sense for me to just get a custom one done locally.

shame about solid fab being too far out the way too...

thats why i considered off the shelf k tuned, but the oval pipe i have no experience with,

Fez

Advanced Member
Oval pipe wont lose you power, its only oval to give better ground clearance. The flow will be the same as a round 3"

beppe786

Beppe
Lukeyboi89 said:
dont fancy tdi north one, they are out the way so would make sense for me to just get a custom one done locally.

shame about solid fab being too far out the way too...

thats why i considered off the shelf k tuned, but the oval pipe i have no experience with,
i bought the skunk2 76" and love it sounds amazing.. if your pop down to dyno day at 10k racing lesta your hear it yourself..

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
k tuned is £650, the oval pipe would work really well for me as ground clearance is a huge problem with speed bumps.

how much is a custom one likely to be? solid fab is around that price too i thought.

beppe, i think the dyno day is the 27th right? im busy til 3 or 4pm that day sadly...

miki1212

Advanced Member
solid fab on their fb page are 450 for EP3, so i cant see much difference for DC5, only difference is a slightly longer back box piece.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
i called solid fab, as they dont work on many dc5's he said you will have to go there to get it custom made, and its the other end of the country for me...

Pasty

Banned
Lukeyboi89 said:
k tuned is £650, the oval pipe would work really well for me as ground clearance is a huge problem with speed bumps.

how much is a custom one likely to be? solid fab is around that price too i thought.

beppe, i think the dyno day is the 27th right? im busy til 3 or 4pm that day sadly...
Tdi north is £700 supplied and fitted :)

Edit... Sorry just read the thred!

p1tse

Advanced Member
Don't know if these guys have done much if any on dc5

Are they near enough to worth asking?

I only point them out as one of the guys designed the blueflame audi tt exhaust back in the days and that was a good exhaust
http://www.powervalve.co.uk