3" exhaust sounds

C2AXG

Advanced Member
Can people out up a video of their 3" systems?
I don't want a droany exhaust. I don't want to piss the neighbours off at 5am in the morning for work but I would like a nice j's like rasp when going up the revs...
Help me out as this is my next move and there's my enough videos about or helpful information to push me along

C2AXG

Advanced Member
I'm not to fussed on inside just want to no truthfully how droany they are and if its going to wake everyone up at 5am...
Maybe I need to find someone local and have a listen but my old Toda was tolerable similar idle would be nice

Dc5Mike

dave7368 said:
mine has a 3" system and on cold start up idle the windows rattle in the house lol
lol my 3" is going on friday can't wait it will remind my neighbors of my spoon days.

Brophy

Advanced Member
Are youse running custom 3" systems ?

I'm after one soon, was considering solid fab/tdi north/K tuned

C2AXG

Advanced Member
Windows rattling.... That's not what I wanted to hear...!!!
I was hoping for a nice mild idle and epic on WOT

Dc5Mike

i'm having 2 silencers in mine with an option to have an anti drone section put in but i doubt i'll have that as i don't drive it daily or long distance, i don't know what dave exactly has but i can let you know at the weekend how mine is.

Chris_EK4

I have a 3 inch solid fab...no silencers, its LOUD. On choke when starting it in the morning it will wake the dead (seriously its not for fussy neighbours)...thats with a decat and headers though

beppe786

Beppe
on a constant speed

on Na 3in will droan alot even some 2.5in will

boosted with 3in with the extra flow shouldnt be that bad droaning.

of course there gonna be loud, two silencers is the way

race silencers alone are £300 each if you want it quiet for track days

Rob.

Advanced Member
Tdi North 3" on mine, only 89db on a static test so not loud at all, what it's like on a constant throttle I've no idea....Race car !

DC5 - Snett flyby: http://youtu.be/H2-_8urn0tw

TyperItr

Advanced Member
I have a custom 3" with a Vibrant Mid section resonator and a muffler. The car is not loud on Idle, it is loud on a cold start though. I am not sure what it sounds like outside, I don't have a video from the outside, but it does drone when on the motorway slightly more than the toda did. I think you will do well to get a 3" exhaust that does not drone

truupR

Advanced Member
I went to view a few tegs before I got the one I did. The one I viewed had a 3 inch system with a straight through 'sports pipe'. The car itself was gorgeous. Long story short - the sheer noise level of the car on idle was enough to put me off the sale lol. There were a few other niggly things but after half hour of looking around the outside of the car I asked him to fire it up.

The car was in a 1 car garage and after 30 seconds of it being started I switched the engine off simply because we couldn't even have a conversation near the car. On the test drive, the wife said she could hear it as clear as day the whole time even though we drove probably close to 2 miles away (no joke). Admittedly it was in quite a rural area but never-the-less, it was deafeningly loud :p conversations on the drive were also had with raised voices lol

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Can't you ask someone to make a 3" system not so loud if you were going down the custom route or is it going to be loud either way no matter what you do?

TyperItr

Advanced Member
In my opinion its going to be loud either way. Well not necessary loud I would not call my exhaust loud but it Drones on a motorway. The guy who made my exhaust said it was the quietest 3" he had heard, but that is cos I have 2 silencers in it.