3 inch exhaust cat back??

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
the drag cars mentioned above are N/A george ;-) but yes i would agree that a matched header and system will probably work the best.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
yep it was actually 984 we then added 500hp nitrous as well, it was a 8000 rpm 8litre big block chevy with billet motor and funky fuel injection about 20k's worth

beppe786

Beppe
C&S Evo7 said:
yep it was actually 984 we then added 500hp nitrous as well, it was a 8000 rpm 8litre big block chevy with billet motor and funky fuel injection about 20k's worth
nice

dave c

400hp K20
Another perspective, 3inch on any K20 is a good modification for power figures.

However I'd argue that the power figures you're likely to see won't make much of a difference in real world acceleration, but that aside. They do flow free'er especially at the top end of the rev range. Is it worth changing your system???

In my eyes on an N/A setup, no.

The reason I say that is purely for the inconvenience of ground clearance and the cost. 3inch pipes hang very low to the ground.

Also, 3inch isn't always louder and can infact be quieter than many of the 2.5 systems

TDi's 3inch system on an EP3 is quieter than the Spoon system it replaced.

integraleo

Advanced Member
Thread revival!
Most people will already know when I changed my 2.5" to 3" system which was mated up to dc sports manifold I gained 9.4hp. Not a small amount I'm sure you will agree. However for a daily drive it was a bit loud for me even with the largest middle silencer I could fit so I changed it for my kakimoto regu06r

dave c

400hp K20
integraleo said:
Thread revival!
Most people will already know when I changed my 2.5" to 3" system which was mated up to dc sports manifold I gained 9.4hp. Not a small amount I'm sure you will agree. However for a daily drive it was a bit loud for me even with the largest middle silencer I could fit so I changed it for my kakimoto regu06r
doh, didn't notice the thread was so old lol

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Another perspective, 3inch on any K20 is a good modification for power figures.

However I'd argue that the power figures you're likely to see won't make much of a difference in real world acceleration, but that aside. They do flow free'er especially at the top end of the rev range. Is it worth changing your system???

In my eyes on an N/A setup, no.

The reason I say that is purely for the inconvenience of ground clearance and the cost. 3inch pipes hang very low to the ground.

Also, 3inch isn't always louder and can infact be quieter than many of the 2.5 systems

TDi's 3inch system on an EP3 is quieter than the Spoon system it replaced.
I agree and disagree with this Dave.

Agree it's quieter (I'm mated to 3" decat into a six sigma racing manifold and at low end it's quiet but loud as he'll at WOT.

In terms of clearance this actually has better ground clearance than the buddy club pro spec I had on before.

Just my experience with my own setup really ;)

dave c

400hp K20
Teegwa said:
I agree and disagree with this Dave. Agree it's quieter (I'm mated to 3" decat into a six sigma racing manifold and at low end it's quiet but loud as he'll at WOT. In terms of clearance this actually has better ground clearance than the buddy club pro spec I had on before. Just my experience with my own setup really ;)
That's a fair point about the BuddyClub systems but i think they hang a decent bit lower than most, I had one ages ago but it had been cut and rotated to give better ground clearance otherwise it would have been shocking.

to be fair I overlooked them, I was more meaning stock / mugen / fujitsubo / toda / spoon systems

For example my 3inch system now only gives me 2inch ground clearence which sucks :cry: especially as the suspension is at a fairly sensible height.

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
dave c said:
That's a fair point about the BuddyClub systems but i think they hang a decent bit lower than most, I had one ages ago but it had been cut and rotated to give better ground clearance otherwise it would have been shocking.

to be fair I overlooked them, I was more meaning stock / mugen / fujitsubo / toda / spoon systems

For example my 3inch system now only gives me 2inch ground clearence which sucks :cry: especially as the suspension is at a fairly sensible height.
Yeah have to agree the BC is rediculous for clearance issues when lowered, im on sportlines and it really sucked.

But yes over the stock/mugen etc the 3" might be an issue to some setups.

Rob.

Advanced Member
I have more ground clearance with 3" system than the old Spoon exhaust and its 17db quieter !!

beppe786

Beppe
Rob. said:
I have more ground clearance with 3" system than the old Spoon exhaust and its 17db quieter !!
anything would be quieter than the spoon i had one on the dc2 horrible

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Teegwa said:
You know you want to ;)

Gordon
Oh I do, with a PLM manifold too. Should make good power. Really can't afford it though, looks like I might be having to sell a couple of bits and pieces and I don't really need. :-(

Rob.

Advanced Member
Beppe said:
anything would be quieter than the spoon i had one on the dc2 horrible
Rather loud aren't they !

The 3" exhaust is 89db static test at 6k revs