3inch girth

Kevin85

Advanced Member
It's not a huge concern, my P10 was stripped and very loud. The main thing is being to pass sound test at any circuit without hassle. I do like being able to hear the chunes on the motorway as well, can't play racing cars everyday.

integraleo

Advanced Member
Sam. said:
There are things Alan can do to reduce the drone if its of a huge concern.
Being in Devon and hundreds of miles away it's not like I could pop over

Rob.

Advanced Member
MrRy said:
I looked at 3" but the noise was the killer.

If someone could produce a 2.5 / 2.75 / 3" exhaust that works on 98db trackdays (proven), I'm there. Until then I'll bide my time.
Run a TDI North 3" exhaust on mine (with Toda mani) and it was 89db static test, after 18 month of track/race abuse its still 92db so no probs at an circuit..

Everyone also tells me the induction noise is far louder than the exhaust on drive by as well ! Boring I know but the Spoon system I had was 106db an I got black flagged all over as it was louder than Porsche 997 Cup cars when testing at Brands !

Rob.

Advanced Member
Drive by at Snett with 3" TDI North exhaust if it helps...

DC5 - Snett flyby: http://youtu.be/H2-_8urn0tw

Kevin85

Advanced Member
That's a good help mate. I had a look at the tdi system, but I think I would prefer a straight through resonated rear box.

Anyone got a custom 3" system with as many resonators as will fit?

Kevin85

Advanced Member
Gained 191hp!? That's quite an increase, is that before or after you calibrated the wobbulator to chime in time with the capacitation bridge?

Tuneboy

Advanced Member
Yes, me.

3" Skunk2.

With Tegiwa Carbon Intake measured 235hp on a dyno.
I also think that 3" will increase power, but its really loud inside, especially at 130kmh+