3rd DC5 More Mods, More Help Please

Jayk

Advanced Member
Guys,

I have a Toda Manifold, Supersprint middle pipe at the mo, car is running rich as a mofo.

So ive got a KPRO on its way to me. Is it worth get an Intake (AEM CAI would be my option due to funds! and RBC Intake?

Where would i be with that, from looking that N/A dyno chart it would be around 250bhp?

Im currently trying to source a charger, but struggling convincing the misses!!

If i order the RBC, are there any mods that need to be done to it, to make it fit? Theres a guy on ebay that everyone uses here from the states, thats the RBC id buy too.

Greddy Turbo Kits are 2 a penny second hand in the states, but id have to change the pistons and rods to make sure it doesnt give way.

Help me guys!!

Jay

Jayk

Advanced Member
Ok ive ordered a RBC now. Going to get a AEM CAI also. Will get it mapped up at TDI and see how it goes for now.

Cams if i feel lucky :p

mikegsi

Staff member
you'll have enough with that lot mate, cam's would be a possible for future, dont forget the hondata heatshield gasket when getting the rbc put on, possibly a tb too?

personally wouldnt bother with sc or turbo though, more to go wrong imo

Jayk

Advanced Member
hi mike,

yeah know i'll have AEM CAI, RBC Intake, Toda Mani, SS Bpipe, KPRO, and will add a IMG to it.

Ive always been N/A but always been tempted to go FI, then gains are so much better, but then so are the risks.

Anyone had any experience with Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams?

This is the spec, tempted.

Adv Dur
246/246
Lift (MM)
7.95/7.95

Anyone know if these would be any good compared to the Buddyclub cams which are

Dur
286/275
Lift (MM)
11.8/10.1

Any ideas? From looking at that the Buddyclub looks like it would produce better results.

Jayk

Advanced Member
Id suspect those would be VTEC lobe measurements but will make sure.

They do recommend that the BuddyClub cams work with a compression ratio of 12:5:1, i know the DC5 stock is 11.5:1.

So would need to raise it with a Toda Hi Comp Headgasket which only raises it up by 0.4.

Hmmm. What to do.

I dont have any specs on Toda A3's, but i think there lift is 13mm!

DolphiN Tech

Advanced Member
A3's are:

Inlet - Primary 245(9.2), Secondary 240(8.7), VTEC 295(13.0)
Exh - Primary 240(8.9), Secondary 235(8.4), VTEC 290(12.5)

Grangey

Advanced Member
wow all this technical stuff goes straight over my hea

*sees somthing shiney* oohh whats that? *walks off*