4.6 Final Drive and 1.5 Helical LSD

Little Legs

Hi Guys,

I hope you don't mind me asking but I'm having trouble finding out info for my ATR. My Syncro is on it's last legs (worn out not known 5th gear syncro problem) so I'm going for a rebuild, but while I've got the box open I want to slap in a 4.6 FD (a bit quicker but still hits 60mph in 2nd) and 1.5 torsen.

What makes do you guys recommend and who do you recommend to buy from.

Thanks 8)

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
TGM,in fleet. 01225811972
tom has done loads of these ,
if its a road car go for a quaife atb diff, rather than 1.5 way such as JsRacing etc as it will be much less noisy and easier to live with, the final drive will lower your top speed and cruising speed yjough but is a goog mod.

Little Legs

C&S Evo7 said:
TGM,in fleet. 01225811972
tom has done loads of these ,
if its a road car go for a quaife atb diff, rather than 1.5 way such as JsRacing etc as it will be much less noisy and easier to live with, the final drive will lower your top speed and cruising speed yjough but is a goog mod.
Thanks for the answer, I'll get in contact for a quote. I'm not sure the quaife atb is any different to the ATR LSD?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
I think your atr diff will be the same as the std dc5 unit. the best replacement is a plate type but it is extremely noisy clunking and juddering when trying to park etc, i would not recomend this type for anything other than a hardcore trackday or race car.

the quaif unit is similar to the std as it too is torque sensing, it is just better, it is very easy to still get 1 wheel spinning with the std lsd.

Little Legs

C&S Evo7 said:
I think your atr diff will be the same as the std dc5 unit. the best replacement is a plate type but it is extremely noisy clunking and juddering when trying to park etc, i would not recomend this type for anything other than a hardcore trackday or race car.

the quaif unit is similar to the std as it too is torque sensing, it is just better, it is very easy to still get 1 wheel spinning with the std lsd.

Your right a clutch plate it too hard core and too expensive for me (takes ages to shim up correctly). I'm after a torsen but better than the standard 8)

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
You don't have to shim up the J'sracing or Spoon lsd's as tou will use the existing crown wheel and pinion gears they will already be worn in together.