4 more ponies

timp

Advanced Member
So after spending another grand on the car for the j's racing tb and a toda cat back and Pauls time on the dyno i got another 4 ponies!

Bloody worth it though!

JDC5

Charged DC5
haha 1grand = 4bhp?

that doesnt sound right to me.. were is the value for money.. haha

good results mate

JD

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
neil_integra said:
Should that be 40? looking at the graph
No, he already had KPro, mani etc. He's just added a larger throttle body and changed his exhaust.

Gains after mani, exhaust, intake and KPro are expensive!

timp

Advanced Member
yeah there hard to come by for sure but every little helps!

Actually at the moment i am still running the standard header and cat!!! toying with the idea of the Toda header, would be a headache at MOT time but who cares about little things like that :p

dan the man

Advanced Member
4 more top end but who uses top end everyday..ok everyone but if he has gained 4 brake all the way through of more then worth it.

benny

Advanced Member
well youve just answered my thoughts, now im not gettin a new throttle body, not worth it for the extra bhp? dont need to change my zorst its great! so i prob get 2? nice one mate just saved me a bundle, may save for cams instread?

JDC5

Charged DC5
N/A tunning to me equals alot of money for small gains! if you got money and can save up then good on ya! i havent got deep pockets for N/A tunning, plus i want more for my money! who doesnt!! lol

JD

keevster

Advanced Member
Yep, have to agree, to much money to throw at them, for minimal gain in my eyes, but as they say, each to there own. Would rather put what little money i have towards a newer model :lol: , which aint likely as i am skint :lol: :wink:

Paul

g_mac

benny said:
well youve just answered my thoughts, now im not gettin a new throttle body, not worth it for the extra bhp? dont need to change my zorst its great! so i prob get 2? nice one mate just saved me a bundle, may save for cams instread?
do both..thats what im thinkin about doing to mine now lol!

Stevieg

Advanced Member
benny said:
Haha yeah I think the Throttle body is a bit pointless - its like £350 or something for hardly any gains - but i guess you do get better throttle response. As for Cams lol - around 10 bhp for those and it will cost you a fortune! (around super charger prices :shock: )

Like everyone says: this car (and any na one) costs a fortune for tuning for hardly any gains.

Having said that remember it's not just the max bhp / torque figure but were power is delivered in the rev range. The k-pro transforms the car and makes it a lot more drivable same with the manifold - giving alot more power mid range.
[/b]

timp

Advanced Member
In some way you have missd the point.

If you have a 2L normally aspirated car whats the most you could ever get from it at the fly?? In Honda tuning they built up an F20 and got 150bhp per litre but spent a shed of cash.

But at least it gives you a top limit.

Now lets look at forced induction, its exactly the same after a point, sure if you spend 3.5k you can have almost 300bhp and a stack or torque but go any higher then you are looking at a bottom end re build and thats gonna cost you a load too.

I was at the pod yesterday chatting to the over DC5's that actually do more than talk a quarter mile and its good to be able to compare to cars in the real world. But i'm not interested about force induced car times cause it don't mean shit to me.

But if you want a Turbo or an sc thats cool but lets face it Paul from system r is gonna kick your arse and thats who your up against not the normally aspirated guys!

And how drivable is an 800bhp front wheel drive car on the road

Congrats to all of you who made it to the pod this weekend.

Tim

JDC5

Charged DC5
haha.. im not aimin for 800bhp.. plus in a front wheel drive.. thats madness.. traction would be a concern for me!! even if i was aimin for big power i would have started off with another car not a dc5!! lol

beside... i only went down the SC route cos i just think its bloody stupid that you pay 3.5k+ for what... cams, mani, exhaust, k-pro, for 30bhp! lol

i mite aswell spent that and get more for my money... i want value for money..lol.. who doesnt.. unless your good at saving up and got a good income then i would run down the N/A!!! lol

man.. 800bhp.. would love to see how that goes!!!

JD

12T

Advanced Member
Each to their own really.
Jim u need a job like mine :lol: Best job in the world hahaha

timp

Advanced Member
your right, each to their own! the only thing i was trying to say was their is no point compairing! and after a point to get more gains its as expensive down both routes.

800bhp, yeah it goes as good as it sounds if anyone has seen Pauls car run they will testify!

I think 300 would be tops for this car on the road but all the torque from forced induction would be nice :D

Where were the forced induced DC5's on Sunday :?: maybe next time i will see one and be driven to the dark side after all i still have the stadard header so its not too late :D

Tim

Stevieg

Advanced Member
timp said:
In some way you have missd the point.

If you have a 2L normally aspirated car whats the most you could ever get from it at the fly?? In Honda tuning they built up an F20 and got 150bhp per litre but spent a shed of cash.

But at least it gives you a top limit.

Now lets look at forced induction, its exactly the same after a point, sure if you spend 3.5k you can have almost 300bhp and a stack or torque but go any higher then you are looking at a bottom end re build and thats gonna cost you a load too.

I was at the pod yesterday chatting to the over DC5's that actually do more than talk a quarter mile and its good to be able to compare to cars in the real world. But i'm not interested about force induced car times cause it don't mean sh*t to me.

But if you want a Turbo or an sc thats cool but lets face it Paul from system r is gonna kick your arse and thats who your up against not the normally aspirated guys!

And how drivable is an 800bhp front wheel drive car on the road

Congrats to all of you who made it to the pod this weekend.

Tim
What I was trying to say is that with this car (and all na ones) making it faster, even a little bit is like banging your head on a brick wall where as you can get a turbo car (that already has near 300 bhp as standard) and spend the same sort of money but gain like 50bhp instead of 10bhp even just for minor breathing mods. Sure it all gets expensive after a while, but you will hget a bigger bang for your buck from the midley tuned forced induction car....

But as you say each to his/her own - i was just stated the facts and we dont all want a 800bhp car .... :roll:

JDC5

Charged DC5
12T said:
Each to their own really.
Jim u need a job like mine :lol: Best job in the world hahaha
haha... i dnt need a job.. i need a lottery win man!!

hire me man..haha

JD

12T

Advanced Member
No u need 1 of my uniforms and a cap with a big fat knife :lol: