4 Point Seat Harness Eys Bolting intructions?

12T

Advanced Member
Hello
Just bought myself a Takata Harness 8)

I have put all fixing's in except the drivers seat belt area. I have looked at the instructions on the manual but it tell me not to bolt it on the seat or the floor :?
Where do u guys put this bolt in??

Thanks

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
std seats?

bolt one side strap to the lower seatbelt hole rh sill for drivers seat
bolt the other to the seatbelt catch on the seatframe on lhs its tight tho with the centre console

ideally you should drill the floor and fit strengthening plates to fix the eyebolts to
they are about 3" square and have a nut welded to them

2 rears to the holes in the floor under the seat

12T

Advanced Member
Thanks for the reply :)
Just done that last one, man its tight!! I had to take the seat out to do this.
One question would a new Bucket seat or new seat rail eliminate the bolt rubbing the center console?

Russ

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
possibly but depends on the seat and frame, with some they won't have the thread at all so the floor will need to be drilled anyway

celox performance

Advanced Member
I would highly recommend you fit strengthening plates for your safety. If you have problems finding some then Demon Tweeks sell them.

JT3173

Advanced Member
12T said:
Thanks for the reply :)
Just done that last one, man its tight!! I had to take the seat out to do this.
One question would a new Bucket seat or new seat rail eliminate the bolt rubbing the center console?

Russ
Hi Russ,

I had my TAKATA's on my OEM seats, mega tight fit but I found that buy leaving the end facing the boot of the rear centre console unclipped at the bottom and still attched at the top stopped it from being so tight and allowed just enough movement back and fourth. Being unclipped was not that noticable either.
With the many long journeys I did I got back pain on the OEM's, bought the Buddy Club P1 Limited Edition seats and bingo, back pain gone and on the seat fixings you have the mounting points for the eye bolts which have plenty of room.

HTH James