4th popping out

Tuneboy

Advanced Member
Hey chaps,

i discovered a problem with my car (hopefully not gearbox).

The 4th gear is popping out sometimes. This only happens while at coasting and high rpm.
I noticed that the gearlever is under a tension facing towards the front. If i just touch the lever while coasting / high rpm the gear pops out immediately.

Thought the cable just needs an adjustment but figured out you cant adjust them.

Anyone got a advice?

Cheers,
Mark

Reggie91

Advanced Member
From what I know (don't take my word for it)...

Your gearbox oil might need changing. If that doesn't help then your syncro in 4th or the selector fork might be knackered.

Your better off getting it checked out :)

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
I had the same issue with my S2000. Changed the gearbox oil, problem solved.

I know it's not a Teg but worth a shot. Cheap and quick to see if it works or not.

swanny1982

Advanced Member
mine was doing similar to this in second gear and changed the gearbox oil which initially made it better but not perfect but the more I have used it the better it has got!

Tuneboy

Advanced Member
I changed the Oil approx. 3000 miles ago, didnt made any difference. Its not every single time i drive fast but it happens sometimes, especially when i let off the gas at high rpm while driving a downhill.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Gear box mounts? Or it could just be the syncro/ selector fork..

To be honest you're better off getting it checked rather than me giving my amateur opinion haha