5TH GEAR JDM CIVIC

griffy

Advanced Member
5TH GEAR JDM CIVIC kicked butt! quality who else saw it? it made tracks thats for sure! :D :shock:

tara

Advanced Member
Looked really good :shock: sounds as though the suspension is like granite :) fair play though 8)

G4Z

The fd2 looked so impressive. It was over 3 seconds quicker whilst lapping on a wet track :eek: compared to the FN2s dry lap.

dazza

Advanced Member
The JDM Civic sounded like a proper Type R 8)
Absolutelty wiped the UK Civic :lol:
I still think the maority of buyers in the UK will opt for the UK Civic though as people are still put off by an import and probably, the fact that she said the suspension is rock hard.

tara

Advanced Member
dazza said:
The JDM Civic sounded like a proper Type R 8)
Absolutelty wiped the UK Civic :lol:
I still think the maority of buyers in the UK will opt for the UK Civic though as people are still put off by an import and probably, the fact that she said the suspension is rock hard.

I think your right :wink: and although it looked good i was expecting it to wipe the UK Civic as it does come with over 30bhp more and grip pier tyres plus a lot stiffer suspension :idea: is a cracking package though by the looks of things 8)

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
I saw this...

I would wonder what would happen if you gave the UK spec car the same power, LSD and same tyres (the JDM civic has RE01-R's on -raved about in Japan)... would the result be the same :?: :?:

I know they both have different suspension set up... but those that are serious drivers, have said to me (I know one who's driven both cars now) he was very impressed with the torsion bar set up of the UK car...

Anyway, I maybe a little biased (working for Honda at Swindon), I do prefer the look of the 3dr over the 4dr Civic..

Just my thoughts

Mike

tara

Advanced Member
MJ Type-R said:
I saw this...

I would wonder what would happen if you gave the UK spec car the same power, LSD and same tyres (the JDM civic has RE01-R's on -raved about in Japan)... would the result be the same :?: :?:

Exactly what i said :wink: looked really good on track though 8)

conoroneill

Advanced Member
MJ Type-R said:
Ithe JDM civic has RE01-R's on -raved about in Japan. Mike
A new set of these came on my facelift DC5. The compound was so hard it was almost like plastic.

Great when warmed up on a dry road, but like driving on wax in damp conditions.

TypeRKid

Advanced Member
Doh! i missed this,ive been watching it every week and the day i dont watch it,it comes on! :evil: what times it on the repeat on saturday? :?

ajenkins

Advanced Member
I thought the FD2 looked and seemed superb, and 3 seconds on a lap is quite a bit quicker, the uk version seemed tobe a bit soft and squidgy but the FD2 did seem extremly stiff and for everyday driving would require a regular physio session to keep the spine in check.

Great to see it on TV though.

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Saw a blue JDM Civic on the A1 going south on Saturday ...looked the mutts nuts..really liked the car in real life rather than pictures on the net 8)

celox performance

Advanced Member
3 seconds a lap is quite a lot when you think about how far you'd be ahead after a few laps around a track :D

You could how hard the suspension is from the incar footage, so yes this would put a lot of people off buying one. Still prefer the looks of the DC5 personally.