5TH GEAR JDM CIVIC

Boab01

3 seconds a lap is an awful lot given the actual 2k price difference but she's right about the suspension it's pretty harsh although with another 1k or so spend on a set of decent adjustable coilovers it's easily fixed for daily driving. Other than that everything else is just peachy.

tedg

Advanced Member
lichfield got a bit of advertising in there with the strip graphics.

I wonder if they tweaked the suspension (hence being extra hard) unknown to fifth gear so that it track better??

Maybe i am getting a bit 'tin foil hat' like with that suggestion?

linzi94

Advanced Member
i totally forgot this was on :x

my mate's getting one at christmas, he has 18 month old daughter so not sure how that'll go down if the suspension is as hard as people are saying.

3 seconds quicker, thats pretty good going! (mybe another touring car option?)

celox performance

Advanced Member
tedg said:

I wonder if they tweaked the suspension (hence being extra hard) unknown to fifth gear so that it track better??

I wondered too if the suspension may have been tweaked slightly :?

G4Z

celox performance said:
tedg said:

I don't think Lichfield have tinkered with that. Its been designed to go round tracks quick and Honda in Japan have a much better idea on how to do this than Lichfield :) Because the FN2 is so soft the FD2 is going to feel firm in comparison. Im sure it would be fine for most of us, maybe feel comfy and soft :lol: Like i said before it would have been more than 3 seonds quicker if it wasn't for the damp track it drove on, unlike the Fn2 dryish lap.

tara

Advanced Member
G4Z said:
I don't think Lichfield have tinkered with that. Its been designed to go round tracks quick and Honda in Japan have a much better idea on how to do this than Lichfield :)

All Type R have some aspect of track design and probably none more than the DC2 and EK9's but if Honda do such a cracking job as you say then why do lots and lots of people change the brakes,suspension and engine to make it better for track if Honda had already done it themselve :) everything can be improved including the FD2 :wink:

tedg

Advanced Member
G4Z said:
celox performance said:
tedg said:

I don't think Lichfield have tinkered with that. Its been designed to go round tracks quick and Honda in Japan have a much better idea on how to do this than Lichfield :) Because the FN2 is so soft the FD2 is going to feel firm in comparison. Im sure it would be fine for most of us, maybe feel comfy and soft :lol: Like i said before it would have been more than 3 seonds quicker if it wasn't for the damp track it drove on, unlike the Fn2 dryish lap.
Wouldn't take lichfield much to add on some spoon or mugen springs and a bit of camber adjustment ala what a lot of us do on DC5s

nomie

The JDM Civic type R is a proper racing car, I personally think that the uk version is for the not so faint hearted :lol:

Love to see one in the flesh though as im getting one in January fingers crossed :xhaha2:

G4Z

Yeah i think so :wink:

All Type R have some aspect of track design and probably none more than the DC2 and EK9's but if Honda do such a cracking job as you say then why do lots and lots of people change the brakes,suspension and engine to make it better for track if Honda had already done it themselve everything can be improved including the FD2
Oh i agree that everything can be improved :) But do you really think they went to such lenghts just to prove it was faster than a FN2 :lol: Maybe if it was against a DC5 i could understand as that would be better competition but its a simple fact that the FN2 and FD2 are completely different cars aimed at different drivers.

Also we will wait and see if people improve the brakes and suspension :eek: Im sure people will mess with the engine though.

tara

Advanced Member
G4Z said:
Yeah i think so :wink:

All Type R have some aspect of track design and probably none more than the DC2 and EK9's but if Honda do such a cracking job as you say then why do lots and lots of people change the brakes,suspension and engine to make it better for track if Honda had already done it themselve everything can be improved including the FD2
Oh i agree that everything can be improved :) But do you really think they went to such lenghts just to prove it was faster than a FN2 :lol: Maybe if it was against a DC5 i could understand as that would be better competition but its a simple fact that the FN2 and FD2 are completely different cars aimed at different drivers.

Also we will wait and see if people improve the brakes and suspension :eek: Im sure people will mess with the engine though.

I never said they did :lol: you said that Honda prepared it a lot better than Litchfield and they probably do but all i said is that everything can be improved including the FD2 which it can even if Litchfield do it or someone else :) The FD2 is good but like everything else their will be better Brakes,Suspension,tyres and engine modification :)

G4Z

No you didn't :lol: :oops: Sorry Tara. Got you mixed up :)
and i agree on the other points, i just feel the room for improvment will be less, maybe :)

tara

Advanced Member
G4Z said:
No you didn't :lol: :oops: Sorry Tara. Got you mixed up :)
and i agree on the other points, i just feel the room for improvment will be less, maybe :)

No problem and your probably right on the not to much room for improvement point by the looks of things :wink:

boz5r

Advanced Member
Lets hope team halfords saw this too just a pity they didnt let jason & tiff lose on them .

benny

Advanced Member
not being funny here chaps, but aint this a teg forum and your"biggin up another car" which indicate the dc5 in inferior? looks wise its not a patch on the dc5?it has 2 bhp more(according to 5th gear) so why oh why? compare both cars, dc5 vs jap civic!!! then see...

spo_gen

Advanced Member
benny said:
not being funny here chaps, but aint this a teg forum and your"biggin up another car" which indicate the dc5 in inferior? looks wise its not a patch on the dc5?it has 2 bhp more(according to 5th gear) so why oh why? compare both cars, dc5 vs jap civic!!! then see...
Most peeps here are open minded towards other cars and not JUST the DC5.
The truth is, FD2 chassis/suspension setup is more superior than the DC5. FACT! Power is not everything.
Lets just be happy in the knowledge that the bods at Honda Japan do directly compare the DC5 and the FD2. So thats gotta be telling us something positive.

neilhowe

£20,500 on the road for FD2 Civic based on £2000 deposit and paying the balance when you drive the car away. That price includes 12 months warranty, Cat 1 alarm, audio and underseal.

We have vehicles in transit at the moment with some units available late October.

Part exchange and finance arranged.

Just mention this post for discount on our normal advertised price.

www.car-imports-direct.com

tara

Advanced Member
neilhowe said:
£20,500 on the road for FD2 Civic based on £2000 deposit and paying the balance when you drive the car away. That price includes 12 months warranty, Cat 1 alarm, audio and underseal.

We have vehicles in transit at the moment with some units available late October.

Part exchange and finance arranged.

Just mention this post for discount on our normal advertised price.

www.car-imports-direct.com

Good price 8)