5TH GEAR JDM CIVIC

typertillidie

No doubt about it looks and proves to be good :shock: , but for me it has to have great looks and 2drs and im sorry but if the Dc5 is a tad slower on the track then so be it, as it just (in my eyes ) does not cut the mustard overall like the Dc5 and just to let you know i don.t own either but Dc5 coming my way in the nearby future once i can get a decent insurance quote :lol:

mardon

I do like the new civic but the 4 doors puts me off. Also with the fairly large difference in price you could spend a bit extra on the DC5 to make it more comparable on track. Better suspension couple of engine tweaks etc.

How much heavier is the new civic, it looks huge! :D

G4Z

Boab01 said:
1.8 Kilos
No, the chassis is 1.8 kg more. The car is 100kg more in total. DC5(no aircon) = 1170 FD2 = 1270 :) Both feather weights compared to other cars. The FD2 weighs 20 kg more than a Clio 197 :shock: DC2 an DC5 really are light weight 8)

fenomeno26

Advanced Member
if you tweak the DC5 a bit with suspension you will catch that FD2....i believe they will try their best to make the FD2 faster.

jostrom

Advanced Member
fenomeno26 said:
if you tweak the DC5 a bit with suspension you will catch that FD2....
What if you also tweak the FD2?? Or maybe we should just stick in totally standard cars here...

fenomeno26 said:
i believe they will try their best to make the FD2 faster.
I don't. They are independent of Honda and all the drivers are professionals, they will put the cars to their limits.

I believe you just can't admit that technology goes forward. Remember, DC5 is already over 5 years old design.

mardon

I can't belive such a big looking car weighs so little! Thats amazing.

Saying that when I went to see the DC5 in the flesh it was a lot smaller than I was expecting (which is a good thing IMO).