6k D2R Bulbs

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
I'm running 8000k at the moment.. it's not as bright as the originals but on the plus side, it looks different compared to other dc5s when you all drive together at night..

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Is there much less light compared to oem? I wanted 6k for a bit of blue tint, but the 8k look like they have even more blue to them.
Which bulbs did you get?

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
I went for lamps from "hids for u" i think the website was...£14 a set of lamps :)

I bought 6k and 5k as I couldn't decide...with them being so cheap it didn't matter. Plus i have a spare set incase of emergency.

I fitted both to see which I preferred and decided to stick with 5k. 6 was too "aftermarket hid kit bruv" for me, yet the 5 was just right. Blue/white, nice and clear ...perfect :)

Heres the 5k fitted. The picture of them on whilst on the eurostar is the best i can find to show what they look like from the cabin.

Hope this helps. :)

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Took the plunge and bought some of the cheapo 6000k bulbs. They are cheap enough to be happy if they last a year haha!

Typerchris

Advanced Member
Just bought the bulbs in the link above £65 for the pair went for the 6k. Was going to try cheap ones but for the hassle of removing bumpers etc just bit the bullet. Fingers crossed they look good and last.

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
Yeah, theres a noticable difference in both colour and brightness.. not sure how 6k would work out but i might eventually go back to 5000k

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
Type R Chris said:
Just bought the bulbs in the link above £65 for the pair went for the 6k. Was going to try cheap ones but for the hassle of removing bumpers etc just bit the bullet. Fingers crossed they look good and last.
I was able to change my passenger bulb without taking the bumper off.. I was able to take driver side off without taking bumper off but when I was putting new one in, I angled it weirdly and it got stuck and I didn't want to yank it out so had to take everything off to make sure it didn't break.. lol.. but I think after that experience, I should be able to do it next time with no trouble

crasherkid

Advanced Member
Hope somebody can help me out - I'vr got the OEM bulbs in at the moment but they just dont seem anywhere near as bright as the bulbs in my old DC5 which I'm pretty sure we're OEM too.
The link above, are those for the main beams and not sidelights right?
Which is brighter/covers a larger surface area between the 5k/6k bulbs?

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
More than happy with the light output from the 5k lamps. Since this thread Patch also has 5k, im sure he will back me up :)

6k are definitely more blue. Still perfectly acceptable but for light, 4-5k is purest white. Although i found 4.3k too yellow ish for me....hence the 5k as pictured above

crasherkid

Advanced Member
6400k is midday colour temperature that's why I thought 6k would be more more white rather than blue.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Look at the photos above. Lol thats 5k....if you want to get 6, get those. I bought both sets due to the low price to try, but the 6 next to the 5 is definitely more blue....but some may prefer that.

linh-ej9

Advanced Member
crasherkid said:
Hope somebody can help me out - I'vr got the OEM bulbs in at the moment but they just dont seem anywhere near as bright as the bulbs in my old DC5 which I'm pretty sure we're OEM too.
The link above, are those for the main beams and not sidelights right?
Which is brighter/covers a larger surface area between the 5k/6k bulbs?
Are your headlights cloudy/faded? That will affect light output

kyle'87

Advanced Member
linh-dc5 said:
Are your headlights cloudy/faded? That will affect light output
This.

I purchased new headlights and the difference in light output was crazy! I like the fact I can see where I am going at night even more than clear headlights.

p1tse

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
More than happy with the light output from the 5k lamps. Since this thread Patch also has 5k, im sure he will back me up :)

6k are definitely more blue. Still perfectly acceptable but for light, 4-5k is purest white. Although i found 4.3k too yellow ish for me....hence the 5k as pictured above
I went for the ones recommended by Jimmer, although it's not hids4u but hide direct

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/d2r-35w-hid-xenon-replacement-bulbs-2-bulbs/

I didn't mess about between 5k or 6k decision, and went with jimmer recommendation and I believe are the 5k I have.

Fitted both and are fine. Although I learnt getting the headlight out to fix is a lot easier, although the metal spring clips did test my patience!

crasherkid

Advanced Member
My headlights aren't exactly clouded but they look like they've been tinted from the inside? Quiet difficult to explain but I'll try take a pic later.

Midnight

Advanced Member
Jimmer, sorry to go off topic. What scoop is that you have fitted and what induction?

Thanks.

p1tse

Advanced Member
Midnight said:
Jimmer, sorry to go off topic. What scoop is that you have fitted and what induction?

Thanks.
In front of the crash bar is a j's racing item I believe

Discontinued item, but surely not a difficult mould if someone could get hold of one ;)