70mm, larger throttle body symptoms or sticking symptoms

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
I've just fitted a 70mm throttle body along with other mods and haven driven the car again I'm not convinced by he throttle body.

It's not mapped yet but initial throttle movement is very stiff, it's OK everywhere else and what not, but it makes pulling away from junctions very tricky, and also gear changing, finding you have to hold your foot on the throttle very slightly to try and keep it smooth.

I don't think it's sticking as you can do it smoothly if your very careful, I don't know if it's just a trait of large throttle bodies and I'll get used to it or what?

Would appreciate any advice, thanks

Brophy

Advanced Member
I had the exact same problems mate :( fitted rbc with 70mm throttle body. Need to play about with the throttle cable as mines was set too lose as was hard to get in with the angle of the rbc so the bracket needed slight adjustment. Then just had to adjust the nut on the Throttle cable. Just make sure to check once adjusted that when do fully down that TB opens fully. <br /><br />Hope helps slightly mate ;)

maxvr6

Advanced Member
I've never swapped out for an uprated TB but the throttle cable was my first thought too?

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
I'll recheck the cable to make its ok at the weekend.

On my old setup I relocated the cable to run along the strut brace and down the side of the engine and all was ok, no stupid bends etc. Its currently sitting pretty much the same as before (I temporarily had an RBC + OEM body fitted so angles of the throttle cable are practically the same etc).

Could be something has settled when I first moved the car so will recheck everything. Was wanting to double check everything is tight anyway.

Brophy - I assume you got yours to operate ok now?