9 Quiet exhausts for every day integra (Updated 08/03/11)

larz

Advanced Member
Hey guys, doing some research and I'm trying to get a small list of exhausts that are quiet enough for a commute but really let loose in vtec. Not too concerned about performance increase, just want names of exhausts and rough pricing. I'll source pics where possible and will edit descriptions with any advice you guys have about individual exhausts. If you guys have better images than the ones I find on the forum and google images, please post them as a reply.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Buddy club spec iv (2 votes)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buddy club spec iv
coyote_dc5 said:
Can only vouch for BC spec IV as ive not experianced the others. Quiet on mway loud on WOT
R-GREG said:
BC spec 4 for me. Quiet around town but not restrictive when you open her up.
mikegsi said:
Im not a fan of Buddy Club products, ive read that they sometimes have to be adjusted to fit on the car, and build quality has been the subject of quite a few threads on the ctro forum.
cpoh said:
Ill second the buddyclub comments Mike, not a fan of their products at all and the build quality from seeing their bits with my own eyes.
Mugen twin loop (7 votes)

Mugen twin loop
dotty said:
Mugen twin loop for sure. I love it :)
Aly said:
Twin loop, it's not loud when doing normal driving n when you floor it there's a noise only mugen gives!
Stoo said:
New ~ £1200 or so.

Used ~ £3-500 on condition.

Lovely system the TL
cpoh said:
Someone on here dynoed the twin loop recently back to back with the standard exhaust and gained a few ponies unmapped I believe.
eXceed said:
My vote goes towards the Twin Loop, restrictive but soo obviously mugen on full throttle. Without any form of intake really makes that nice buzzing sound (for lack of a better description) that the DC5's make with a good intake :).
chiefpulsar said:
I'll throw a vote out for the mugen twinloop, not much louder than a standard system but does sound nice on vtec although i sold mine and went for the pro spec, twinloop was way too quiet for me :eek:
jay82 said:
mugen gets my vote, had a fujitsubo rm01a sounded well when pushing the car but annoying drone when your hung over.
just remember larz our motorways are 75mph and not 70, so our revs are a little higher and it'd get annoying on long trips with a annoying sound
Kakimoto regu (6 votes)

Kakimoto regu
The Lum said:
Kakimoto Regu 96db. Def quiet at lower speeds then noises up as you get higher.
mikegsi said:
Another vote for the Regu 06&R here.

Ive had quite a few different systems and there was none quite like the Regu. Not much louder than stock when driving normally, in fact i put a spoon 2-1 decat on just to get a bit more exhaust note.

In vtec it was a very unique noise, similar to how i would imagine a bike and supercar sound put together.

The Regu is a very rare system over here, im sure theres only 3 or 4 in the country (that have been on here) so your more likely to have to buy one from new.
Grov said:
Another vote for Regu 06 here, said it before and ill say it again, it's awesome, lol. Totally agree with mikegsi on it, good description, it's a unique noise.

It's rather expensive, that would be the only downside for me. It's also a great fit, and looks really good, here's mine:
viper1984 said:
Kaki Regu 06&R came with my DC5. I had a 3 hour motorway drive home when i picked it up and it wasnt noisy/droney at all along the motorway.

Sounded great on VTEC too!
Rob R said:
Regu 06&R for me. Almost OEM levels when driving around town and opens right up when giving it some welly.
PORTHOS said:
The Regu 06&R is, in my opinion, the best sounding and best looking exhaust money can buy! It purrs below 5k rpm with almost no drone at all and absolutely ROARS in VTEC :twisted: 8)

Dedicated thread for the regu http://itr-dc5.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=35269

Kakimoto n1 (2 votes)
Need image, anyone got one of this exhaust on an Integra?
Kakimoto n1
jdmsteve said:
I've just installed the kakimoto n1 and am well impressed with it. Bearly louder than standard at warm idle, slightly louder on cold idle and immense in vtec. Nice low tone with no moterway boom whatsoever. Under 96 db so passes trackday standards and I payed 270 quid. Cleaned up like new so well chuffed.
civicjordan281 said:
ive got a kakimoto n1 on mine, its not to loud for normal driving but sounds awesome in vtec :D
DC Sports (2 votes)

DC Sports
ab20000 said:
it's quite quiet really (although not had any others for the DC5) but the header is OEM and the cat is still in place. Nice and loud in vtec though.
According to previous owner (Paul G) my DC is louder than a twin-loop, just for ref. :xcheers:
Ricerocketdc5 said:
I had the DC sports cat back system. Quite enough for around town,nice sound when you give it some and sweet in Vtec! It did make a strange sound when water splashed on it in heavy rain.

HKS silent highpower (4 votes)

HKS silent highpower
C&S Evo7 said:
HKS silent highpower for me, was lovely sounding at all speeds and included a removable bung if you wanted it really really quiet (like a ring trip)
mikegsi said:
The HKS Silent Hi-Power is another good choice, but make sure it has the helmholtz resonator otherwise its NOT the Silent version.
kingston said:
Ive got the HKS Silent Hi-Power on mine (stainless steel version so no bung attachment) and it drones at around the 3-4k rpm mark which is fine for short journeys but a pain for long journeys and will dampen your hearing! Ive chopped the resonator off of mine as the welds break on the pipe (they all do with a HH resonator) and its made no difference to the drone (though it slightly raised the drone sound as to when it kicked in)

However, its only 1-2 db more than OEM (same as a Mugen) so passes track days and sounds like an angry lion cub pre-vtec :lol:
danr19 said:
As the other comments, It has a great sound....and sorry in advance for the description (but I can't think of any other way to describe it at the moment), but it has a really nice subtle 'growl' at low revs when you're changing gear...I love it :D
However, I am now having issues with what I assume must be the resonater - Although the weld still seems intact the exhaust is now warbling / rattling at 3-3.5k revs as though something internal is loose. Has anybody else had this issue and is it fixable? or is it a sign that the weld...and exhaust is most likely on its way out?

Trust Ti-C (1 vote)

Stoo, you got a big pic of this one?
Trust Ti-C
Stoo said:
I've got a Trust Ti-C.
Lovely exhaust with a blue burnt titanium tip.

Fantastic sound too.
Nice and subtle but not overly loud.

Swapped from a prospec so i could pass sound tests!!
unsilenced supersprint backpipe with the oem exhaust (1 vote)

unsilenced supersprint backpipe with the oem exhaust
cpoh said:
Also consider the unsilenced supersprint backpipe with the oem exhaust. Makes a nicer growl than standard.

fujitsubo rm01a (1 vote)
Image needed
fujitsubo rm01a
Stoo said:
donkeykong said:
where is the fujitsubo rm01a?? best performance for a silent exhaust :)
donkeykong said:
i have to say that since my cat is removed my rm01a exhaust is even more quieter :)
but u here the exhaust manifold a bit more
Try finding one!!! :D

Complete Exhaust noise level list

brucey87 said:
this list may help, stolen from clubrsx :D although some results are a bit suspect? didnt think oem type R was louder than a 5zeigen fireball and a few others

-------------- not including custom exhausts, or race headers --------------

dBs respectively from idle, revving and WOT

From loudest to softest

J's Racing 70RR 71.0 108.8 117.8
J's Racing 60RS 61.3 94.1 111.5
Buddy Club Spec III
Spoon N1 72.5 101.8 107.5
Amuse Titan R1 (resonated) 69.1 98.3 104.3
ARC Titan 68.3 98.3 103.3
RS*R GTII
JIC Magic Bullet 505Ti
Megan Racing Exhaust
Buddy Club Pro Spec
A'PEXi N1 110db @ 5500 RPM
Tsudo N1
A'PEXi GT
Thermal R&D
JIC Spartan Ti
5Zigen Miracle Fireball
Skunk2 Megapower
Greddy Racing Ti-C Exhaust
Toda Racing Exhaust
Neuspeed
DC Sports TCS
Tanabe Super Racing Medallion
Invidia G200
Vibrant TPV
Hayame
Injen Super SES
Opak-R Ti
Greddy EVO TT
HKS Hi-Power
Buddy Club Spec IV
GReddy Evo2
Techno Pro Spirit Ti 61.3 97.3 102.1
Greddy DT
K-One 68.8 96.6 100.8
Comptech
Magnaflow
Borla
Fujitsubo Powergetter 65.3 91.3 99.4
Techno Pro Spirit SS 64.8 90.1 101.2
Fujitsubo Legalis R 61.8 89.9 94.6
Fujitsubo RM01A (not Ti)
Mugen Twin Loop 60.3 88.9 94.9
Kakimoto Racing Regu 92-Z
GReddy SP2
Honda Type-R 61.6 88.8 91.1
5Zigen ProRacer S 61.6 88.8 91.1
Tanabe Hyper Medallion
RS*R ExMag
Apexi World Sport 2
Stock Exhaust (not Type-R)
5Zigen Fireball

dotty

Advanced Member
Re: Quiet exhausts for every day integra

Mugen twin loop for sure. I love it :)

The Lum

Advanced Member

Kakimoto Regu 96db. Def quiet at lower speeds then noises up as you get higher.

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Quiet exhausts for every day integra

Can only vouch for BC spec IV as ive not experianced the others. Quiet on mway loud on WOT

Aly

Advanced Member

Twin loop, it's not loud when doing normal driving n when you floor it there's a noise only mugen gives!

larz

Advanced Member

thanks guys keep the reviews coming. Anyone got any beter images than what i'm using?

bee123

Advanced Member

I love the look of the twin loop, 8) What would you pay for one of these new?

Stoo

Whining.....
Quiet exhausts for every day integra

bee123 said:
I love the look of the twin loop, 8) What would you pay for one of these new?
New ~ £1200 or so.

Used ~ £3-500 on condition.

Lovely system the TL

Aly

Advanced Member

I wouldn't pay much over £400 tbh, 380 for mine n it was almost perfect.
Gonna go out n play with my car today, I'll try take a few snaps.

ab20000

Advanced Member

DC Sports - it's quite quiet really (although not had any others for the DC5) but the header is OEM and the cat is still in place. Nice and loud in vtec though.

jdmsteve

Advanced Member

I've just installed the kakimoto n1 and am well impressed with it. Bearly louder than standard at warm idle, slightly louder on cold idle and immense in vtec. Nice low tone with no moterway boom whatsoever. Under 96 db so passes trackday standards and I payed 270 quid. Cleaned up like new so well chuffed.

ab20000

Advanced Member

According to previous owner (Paul G) my DC is louder than a twin-loop, just for ref. :xcheers:

larz

Advanced Member

So far i'm loving the look of the spec4 and it sounds mental (youtube) in vtec... I just wonder how quiet it is compared to oem when driving normally.

I know the twin loop is lovely, but it's very hard to come by and terribly expensive.

Would love some videos on the kakimoto exhausts...

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
Re: Quiet exhausts for every day integra (5 options so far)

PORTHOS has the Regu, It's a lovely looking exhaust, I'm sure he wont mind me posting these...

ab20000

Advanced Member

TypeGRRR said:
PORTHOS has the Regu
8) that looks awesome - wouldn't want to fit it to my car thought as it'd get dirty 8-[

larz

Advanced Member

looks the business... any exhaust is easy to keep clean with the right products... And frequent cleaning! :) This thread is shaping up to me a great little guide and will definitely help me to choose what exhaust i want...

Aly

Advanced Member

Can anyone recommend a cleaning product for exhaust pipes?

dan_dc5

Advanced Member

Love the Kaki Regu! Mine is arriving via (a very slow) dinghy from Japan me thinks.

Good work putting this together =D> its been asked loads recently!

Sticky??