A/C button illumination

Cabinboy

Advanced Member
Evening all.

My A/C button does not illuminate when you turn the lights on, does anyone know how to change the lamp??

Rog.

brucey87

Advanced Member
mine are gone too mate. its a right pain in the ass to get the matrix off to change the bulb. i have tried and gave up before i broke it. this thread may help
http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/15168-taking-the-heater-matrix-panel-off/page__p__158037__fromsearch__1#entry158037

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Evening all.

My A/C button does not illuminate when you turn the lights on, does anyone know how to change the lamp??

Rog.
Ask Torque to fix it? did you get a warranty? worth a shot! They are normally quite helpful.

Cabinboy

Advanced Member
I might do Ian but TBH I don't think something like a lamp will be covered under warranty.

Rog.

S

stwteg

I did mine myself- its easy to change- little fiddley but grand. Its a tiny bulb, I ordered mine off Honda- 2 weeks later it went again. New one in and then it went again- I couldnt be arsed changing it again so its staying as is!!

S

stwteg

How did you do it mate??

Dont know if this is the correct way to do it but it worked and left no marks..... I was so careful......There are small clips on the sides of the unit. I used a butter knife to push the clips open (any flat object will do- u only need it to loosen the sides- butter knife worked well with the blunt sides), the whole unit will come out- unclip the wires and take the whole unit out. Once its out there are a few screw on the back that need to be removed....after this you will see the bulbs- a flat head screw driver will get them out- old bulb out new in. Put it all back together.

Dont laugh at the butter knife....it works!!

buckley 88

Advanced Member
Dont know if this is the correct way to do it but it worked and left no marks..... I was so careful......There are small clips on the sides of the unit. I used a butter knife to push the clips open (any flat object will do- u only need it to loosen the sides- butter knife worked well with the blunt sides), the whole unit will come out- unclip the wires and take the whole unit out. Once its out there are a few screw on the back that need to be removed....after this you will see the bulbs- a flat head screw driver will get them out- old bulb out new in. Put it all back together.

Dont laugh at the butter knife....it works!!

It works brilliantly, butter knife ftw!!!!