A/c compressor removal

jason666

Can anyone give me some advice or removing the a/c compressor ive got the bottom 2 bolts out however the top 2 in struggling with. Any tips tricks would be useful thanks.

Rom

Advanced Member
Theres not a lot to it, try removing the pipes if you havent already. But you should get on them ok.

jason666

i managed it. it wasnt really how to do it, it was more how to get to it anyway took the bumper off and the radiator and it was easy.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
except from saving a bit of weight, the AC comp clutch disengages when wot so doesnt sap any power.

Rom

Advanced Member
I think he's fitting another. Based on his how much oil does an ac compressor take thread.

I never get why people want to strip ac, abs, ps etc from road cars.
Track I can understand, some at least.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
I kept all mine on my TA car, sitting in silverstone pit lane when it was 28 outside, with all my windows up and the AC on waiting to run, was great as was the demisting running at Knockhill in the rain, the 20kgs i could have saved , would have made little difference to my results,

donzooo

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
I kept all mine on my TA car, sitting in silverstone pit lane when it was 28 outside, with all my windows up and the AC on waiting to run, was great as was the demisting running at Knockhill in the rain, the 20kgs i could have saved , would have made little difference to my results,
I enjoy your posts. Someone with real race experience and telling it like it is.

jason666

I was swapping the unit out due to the pulley bearing going and it making a whinning noise it's all back together now with the noise gone. The only drama now is the clutch not engaging however it's not been regased yet so fingers crossed once it's all back to pressure it will click in

Rom

Advanced Member
The clutch won't engage if pressure is low.
It's a fail safe.