A dash cluster light to tell us our lights are on, do we have one?

adam.

Advanced Member
Occurred to me the other day, that most cars have a side light indicator in the dash cluster to tell the driver the lights are on.

Except, I noticed the lack of one in my 5.

Should we have one? Have I had a bulb failure in my cluster?

Sylar122

Advanced Member
Nope pretty sure they don't have one. Just full beam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MatthewM

I suppose the backlighting on the clocks/climate control will indicate that your lights are on.

ChrisJDMDC5

Advanced Member
MatthewM said:
I suppose the backlighting on the clocks/climate control will indicate that your lights are on.
I was thinking that about all cars? Makes me feel like having a light to tell they're on pointless :-s

HR Imports

Parts Trader
A lot of new cars just confuse this issue as the clocks are backlit even without the lights on. They often actually dim once the lights go on. I don't like this as I think it makes it easier for people to forget to turn their lights on after dark if they can see everything lit up.

Far better if you can't see the dials in the dark unless you turn your lights on!

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Daytime running lights don't help either, they see a glow upfront, lit up dash and they set off. Its quite scary really, but it was bound to happen with everything slowly becoming automatically operated. Some people will forget basic functions like checking for blind spots etc, as their wing mirrors didn't warn them when they get into a car that doesn't have it. Etc etc.

adam.

Advanced Member
My boss' daughter recently had her automatic lights fail on her A3.

The levels of stupidity are high on this one.

She didn't realise she could turn them on manually.