A few issues.

Kenz

Advanced Member
2 questions, just seeing if anyone knows the answer.

I've got a squeeking noise from the drivers side rear of my car when I'm driving, when the brake pedal is pressed, the noise stops? Also the pad is hardly touching the disc, does this sound like my rear calliper is sticking and needs re building?

Also, if you let the clutch out when the revs aren't matched well there's a knocking noise? I've had the engine mount replaced with a solid one but problem is still there? Any ideas?

Cheers guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adam.

Advanced Member
On the rear noise - does it sound rotational? As in, does it increase with the speed of the car?

Midge-1989

Advanced Member
Clutch-knocking noise...Gruppe/Tegiwa M intake can move about a bit/hit off the OEM strut bar possibly? If you don't have either then ignore that!

Could simply be something knocking as the car is juddering if the engine thinks it is about to stall. If it doesn't do it when the revs are well matched then I wouldn't worry!

Chewy

Advanced Member
The knocking noise could be something like the steering rack, more of a 'judder' than a knocking as such?

Kenz

Advanced Member
Chewy said:
The knocking noise could be something like the steering rack, more of a 'judder' than a knocking as such?
Yes it's almost like a judder not a knocking.

The noise from the rear stops when adding or removing load from the rear axle when cornering?

Also I have an arc induction kit. The steering rack does creek slightly when turning at low speed but I heard that's common with ep3/dc5s.

Cheers

Chewy

Advanced Member
Kenz said:
Yes it's almost like a judder not a knocking.

The noise from the rear stops when adding or removing load from the rear axle when cornering?

Also I have an arc induction kit. The steering rack does creek slightly when turning at low speed but I heard that's common with ep3/dc5s.

Cheers

I've got the same judder from the symptoms you've described, I've bought myself on of the SHG Rack slider, to replace the worn OEM one, I'll also get the rack stripped down etc...God knows when I'll get around to it though. haha.

Are you sure the squeeking isn't the wear indicator on your pads?

Kenz

Advanced Member
Chewy said:
I've got the same judder from the symptoms you've described, I've bought myself on of the SHG Rack slider, to replace the worn OEM one, I'll also get the rack stripped down etc...God knows when I'll get around to it though. haha.

Are you sure the squeeking isn't the wear indicator on your pads?
You will have to let me know if it resolves the issue when you get round to fitting it mate.

The pads seem to have life left in them from what I can see but you can see half the disc isn't contacting with the pad as half is covered in surface rust and the other half has cleaned up.