A few things that are baffeling me????

Evs

Advanced Member
dan the man said:
can i buy the engine if its blown less than twice or just twice?
I think you overdid the tuning tbh mate - I couldn't believe it when you got 0.25bhp, but you've obviously compromised reliability... :? [-X

Rob-DC2

Advanced Member
I would stay stock when you get a new engine Dan, Is it the usual 3-4 month wait still?

Its crazy if you look on the Civic Type R forum no one has the problem :xno:

DC5TU

Advanced Member
I find it very uncomfortable, too noisy and so unreliable its untrue!

Dan i may know of an engine thats only gone bang 3 times if your interested! its makin.35bhp at the gearstick!!

JiB

Advanced Member
Oh and this one time I almost managed to keep up with a CTR! ...Don't think he knew I was trying to race him though...

...nearly hit 30mph too! :lol: :lol:

truffs

just read this post, dont know how i missed it and im PMSL :lol: :lol:

I dont miss my old girl at all, no power, brakes you had to pump all day just to stop, 2 litre engine that thought it was a 8litre V12 with an average MPG of 10 :shock: a steering rack that was so slow you had to plan a corner before even seeing it . . . .

gregb

Advanced Member
i haven`t driven mine in 3 months!no wonder i couldn`t get garage warranty and the insurance companies closed their doors :cry:
might get it going before the winter hits again.
nice looking car though :wink:

Rob-DC2

Advanced Member
This is another common fault i think most people get the wind deflectors to stop the water getting in, :xhuh:

macer

Advanced Member
I don’t even have a DC5 I just pretend I do as misery likes company and Im one miserable SOB, pure bucket of carp I can’t believe any of you guys where conned into buying one

turbo5

Advanced Member
EUGEGALL said:
oh i get it now. you just dont want me in your circle of trust
Not really, we are just trying to protect you from making the same mistakes we did. we are a friendly forum.

EUGEGALL

turbo5 said:
EUGEGALL said:
Not really, we are just trying to protect you from making the same mistakes we did. we are a friendly forum.
sure thing. guess ill have to make my own mistake and take that chance. im a risk taker.

kingston

Advanced Member
dont forget the muppets who seem to want to race you everytime you take it out, mr.saxo owes me a rear bumper (and with paint on the inside of the exhaust, potentially more), mr crx del sol, mr middle aged driver in his mpv, mr. pug 106 driver with his cherry bomb exhaust the list is endless (last 3 happened today about 20 mins ago) :evil: :evil:

The Meist_R

Advanced Member
EUGEGALL said:
turbo5 said:
EUGEGALL said:
sure thing. guess ill have to make my own mistake and take that chance. im a risk taker.
Well it's your money mate, learn from your own mistakes that's what I say. Make sure you have the same amount of money that you payed for the car put away for the inevitables, bacause you'll dam well need it. I need another set of front tyres already, the last only did 3k, it's wheelspin city. And if you do get one, easy on the corners, I think everybody on here has spun the b@stard at least 3 times and soiled their pants in process, it's not funny when a truck is coming the other way :shock: Don't say we didn't warn you.

P.S. Mods, can we make this thread a sticky to stop others making the same mistake as ourselves? I mean look at the steering rack thread, says it all really.