A Plan are evil

maze

Oh what a bugger.....
Forget Fresh, they called me back on Saturday and said they had inputted details into the system wrong and had done it under 1.8 and just don't do these new fandangled DC5's.
Finally have got my insurance from Lifesure (0870 3661265) - pretty massive 1993 (sounds better than 2k) :shock: plus 750 excess.

Oh well, at least I get to drive a top car :D

t_omo

I just got a quote from APlan.

1550. Good postcode, garaged, etc etc.

im 24 with 2 years no claims and 3 points fro speeding. they said if i can prove my other year with co car then it will drop 150ish. they also added that it would drop a further 300 or so if i wait until im 25.

Another problem is the excess - £750! How bad is that!

Dilemma!

andyd

Advanced Member
SCOTTIECTR said:
My details are the same as yours except:

A) I'm male
B) I have 0 NCB

I pay £1260 with mods

I got quoted this time last year with my ex and it was £700 quid odd.
who with?

Andy

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
Who what? Am I insured with? A-plan.

The quote last year was either with Tesco or Virgin. With Virgin the girl was very helpful and said she was aware the quote she'd given was for a DC2 and would match that price for the DC5.

danmoz98

maze said:
Yeah I thought that woman from A Plan was a bit lost it - she was constantly giving me this endless stream of nonsense as to why my insurance was to be more than 2k. And I kept refering to you guys' quotes and she really didn't know what to say so kept repeating herself.

Phoned up Bell, Norwich Union & Egg and they said 'We don't
do that type of car!'
:D Hooray finally got a decent quote £1690 from Fresh Insurance who were more than fantastically helpful and I'd recommend to everyone.
Norwich Union will quote you on a DC5, I suggest emailing them though.

My experience went something like this;

Phoned them up, asked for a quote, quoted me £1200, however, it turned out this was on a DC2. Tried to explain to her (stupid Indian woman, could barely speak english, etc) it was a DC5, 2.0l, etc, told it wasn't in their system (this was after half an hour of trying to convince her the quote I wanted was for a different car and NOT the DC2). Finally she contacted the underwriters and came back and said they couldn't insure me unless I was 25.

I was a bit annoyed with the service so emailed customer support which is UK based. Asked them to quote me and the guy I was emailing knew which car it was, etc, said it would cost about £1500 but again, I'd have to be 25 (I'm 23) or have been driving for a year (2 months left, muahahaha).

So yeah, try emailing NUD and see if you have better luck