A waste of time!

justinchung87

Advanced Member
Just thought id post this up as I didnt want anyone wasting their time to view this car like I did yesterday!

This car is currently listed on pistonheads at the moment CW DC5 with under 57k mileage and asking price is £7049.
Car is in Hertfordshire,

Reg is GF51ZTO

The advert is very short with not much detail,so I had to speak to him and on the phone he tells me theres the wheels are all kurbed wheels 3 of them minor, and a scuff and the rear arch which was fair enough,Serivce history he said to me was partial BUT when we turnt up he said he had lost ALL the paperwork!

I told him was there any more things and bad points of the car I needed to know before coming down ect and he said no its all in good condition ect,,and he had sent me some more pictures of the car ect..that evening.

So when I came to view the car yesterday the rear bumper had been repaired badly and badly put on!the front bumper wasnt even straight with the bonnet not sitting anyway near flush! He admits reversing into a wall for the rear bumper but said the front bumper came like that and thought it was normal! There was abit of rust showing through on the top of the car which I thought was unusual?? The Tyer R vinyl on the side was half hanging off aswel, overall the car wasnt looked after very well and its no way near worth the asking price as he isnt prepared to budge.

Anyways as I said before I didnt want anyone else wasting their time to view the car like I did so rant over lol

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Sad to hear it mate, but you will find the right one in the end, keep your eye out on one that has been enthusiast owned :)

Good luck!

donkeykong

Advanced Member
Sure it depends on the advertiser and there are good ones. With dc5's i noticed a lot of cars that weren't that great.
If i were you i would like at a car here first and find out about the history.

dotty

Advanced Member
Oh.. that one..

http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/12352-milano-teg-update-121008/page__st__20

justinchung87

Advanced Member
Mileage is 58k.

Just realised the picure I uploaded didnt turn out great..looks like theres really bad stone chips on the front :xaiweb3:

civic17_99

Advanced Member
A friend of mine owned that Red DC5 before he sold it on to the guy you have probably just brought it off. Is a nice one, was in really nice condition when i saw it :)

justinchung87

Advanced Member
A friend of mine owned that Red DC5 before he sold it on to the guy you have probably just brought it off. Is a nice one, was in really nice condition when i saw it :)
Yea its still in good condition,Im really happy with it,youve mentioned your near the chelmsford area..Im always in chelmsford and will be moving back there soon,i dont supose you live in danbury do you,i think my mate knows u??

civic17_99

Advanced Member
Yea its still in good condition,Im really happy with it,youve mentioned your near the chelmsford area..Im always in chelmsford and will be moving back there soon,i dont supose you live in danbury do you,i think my mate knows u??
Yeah i do live in Danbury, who's your friend?