A week at TGM

yunster

Advanced Member
Left my car with Tom for a whole week to have some New year treats for the car. Full service, new disc and pads, fast road setup and my new defi's put in. Never felt so good jumping back into the car and couldn't stop driving it after picking up yesterday. Met StevieG, Dotty, Zani and the other guy(sorry didn't get your name) at Tom's. Was nice chatting to you guys.

So happy with the fast road setup and is highly recommended if haven't already had it done at Toms. I couldn't really test the car hard whilst bedding in the brakes but i can definatley feel an improvement in the handling.

Am also happy with my defi's and i think they look awesome. Will post some pics up later. The guys at TGM did yet another excellent job on my car although it took longer than the expected 2-3 days. lol.

dotty

Advanced Member
Nice to meet you mate, You can almost guarantee if you pop to TGM someone from the forum will be milling about :lol:

The other guy was timp I AFAIK.

yunster

Advanced Member
dotty said:
You can almost guarantee if you pop to TGM someone from the forum will be milling about :lol:
I know mate. I think me and Eddie (Suped) spend half our lives down there. Tom has to kick us off the premises. lol :D

Fin

What exactly does a fast road setup involve?

How much is it? :?:

Ezza

Advanced Member
Yunster they had to get your car off the ramps to put my car on when i was down there :lol: :lol: Loved the defi gauges thou :!:

yunster

Advanced Member
Fin said:
What exactly does a fast road setup involve?

How much is it? :?:
This is a full geometry setup but requires front and rear arm /bolts to acheive this. I am running eibach front and rear arm / bolts. Not sure how much it is exactly as i had other stuff done but I think its not more than £200 including the parts. :D
Think there are old threads that show you the exact geometry settings.

Chief

Advanced Member
yunster said:
dotty said:
You can almost guarantee if you pop to TGM someone from the forum will be milling about :lol:
I know mate. I think me and Eddie (Suped) spend half our lives down there. Tom has to kick us off the premises. lol :D
Was going to say I usually bump into one of you two down there. :lol: I'm sure Ed lives there.

Stevieg

Advanced Member
Hiya mate,

I was nice to met ya :D

Dam I didnt realsie you got some Defis in there I would have liked to see them - which ones are they?

Those Ohlins Tom fitted are excellent! The cars is like a go kart now - the steering is pin sharp it feels very connected with the road!

yunster

Advanced Member
Stevieg said:
Hiya mate,

I was nice to met ya :D

Dam I didnt realsie you got some Defis in there I would have liked to see them - which ones are they?

Those Ohlins Tom fitted are excellent! The cars is like a go kart now - the steering is pin sharp it feels very connected with the road!
Nice chatting to you too. The defi's i got are the BF range in white plus the new BF Tacho. Think they look awesome.

http://www.nippon-seiki.co.jp/defishop/product/bf/bf_top.html

I bet your car feels great. Just seen the spec of your car. Would love to get to that sort of power one day. ££££££ :lol:

bezza4

Advanced Member
Fast road set up is about £240 inc parts. Had it done a couple of weeks ago.

yunster

Advanced Member
Nick86 said:
where ya get the defi's from steve? and how muchy?
I got my Defi's from Hong Kong. 3 Gauges (incl sensors) / controller plus Tacho came to about £450 i think. My mate got a set of blue ones so we got a pretty good discount. :D

dotty

Advanced Member
Good news everyone, I was at TGM today and a mini digger was at work on the road/mortar impact point leading to the garage!! :lol:

Bumpy on the way in, Smooth a s a babys arse on the way out 8)

It wasn't the best of days down there though tbh. I got there with 4 new eagle tyres in my boot but when I turned up at TGM the compressor had lost the will to live so therefore I could not get my tyres changed at TGM :(

I was sent to a nearby garage (Road Tyre) which I will advise anyone to avoid like the plague..

Read on.

I arrived there to find 5 chimps all smoking in the garage not doing much, I am always dubious of places like this as first impressions count and all that :shock:

So anyway I let them loose with my car under my beady eye. Changing four tyres on a car surely can not be a difficult task? :roll:

So I leave there £50 lighter :x

I travel 2 miles back to TGM and on my way I notice the steering is all over the place, I assumed it had been put down to them not balancing the wheels properly, I was not to worried as I was heading back to TGM and was safe in the knowledge that Kenny/Tom would be able to rectify the cock up the previous clowns had made...

SO it goes up on the ramp at TGM and I explained about the unusual ride on the way back, Tom takes a look at the front near side wheel and notices it has been put on cock eyed and also noted if I had gone a further mile or so it would have come off altogether :evil:

Tom took the wheel off and found that they had put two spigots on :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I did not have time to go back and kick off at the said garage as I was booked in for an MOT and time was not on my side.

So anyway it passed the MOT with flying colours and I am just about to compose and snotty email to the manager of said garage.

Avoid like the plague!!

yunster

Advanced Member
Good news about the road leading to toms. Glad it is sorted after all that time. :D

Sorry about the bad experience you had today. No doubt Tom will never recommend anyone to go there now. Glad there wasn't any damages made and that The guys sorted it out for you.

So is it just the road leading up to garage sorted? I guess Toms parking area is still like a dusty desert. lol :lol:

Stevieg

Advanced Member
So the trenches have gone at last! At least my fillings wont be in any danger of coming out anymore!

A couple of weeks too late though :( I caught my exhuast on the fist huge pit a few weeks ago :evil: I wasnt very happy - lucky though when I got under the car to look it was just a tiny little scuff on the corner of back box

That sounds like a nightmare about the garage! Only changing tyres as well - that's why I'm so dubious taking my car anywhere new.

I'm going to take my car to Protyre in Bristol to have a new set fitting next week so I hope they are OK - I just dont want to travel all the way to Toms again just for tyres to be fitted!

matt b

Advanced Member
Had my dc2 up with tom last week, been using them for years now but just another big up comment for the record!

Impressed as ever 8)

boz5r

Advanced Member
Hidotty glad to hear your car passed its MOT after speaking to you on sat hope it wasnt to long think ill bring a good book when im down again or give fleet a try it looks quite pleasant LOL oh thanx for tip on lights and scatchX they look newish and cured condensation with hairdryer hope youre happy with the good years see ya.

dotty

Advanced Member
boz5r said:
Hidotty glad to hear your car passed its MOT after speaking to you on sat hope it wasnt to long think ill bring a good book when im down again or give fleet a try it looks quite pleasant LOL oh thanx for tip on lights and scatchX they look newish and cured condensation with hairdryer hope youre happy with the good years see ya.
Alright mate, Yeah next time bring a book :lol: