Abbey Dyno Tuned JRSC DC5 - Result !

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Hi All

Just got back from Abbey Motorsport down in Surrey and had a very good day :lol:

My 2001 Teg (DC5) is fitted with a Jackson Racing Super Charger, Running 650cc Injectors, and tuned with a Hondata K-Pro ECU.

Heres a Pic of the car on Abbey's Dyno Pack....

Now, here is the Dyno graph :lol:

From this my car makes 300.2 BHP @ 8559rpm at the Hub (dyno packs measure at the hub btw), running about 7.5 psi. Max torque 185 ft/lb @ 6852rpm.

This equates approx to 330 BHP at the fly :lol:

As you can see the power graph is a near linear straight line

To say the least I am very happy :cool: and after the tuning the car drives so much better, with no detonation problems.

A big thanks to Mark & Dan at Abbey, also to Doug from Hondata who helped with the tuning as well today.

Now lets see how she goes on track now :idea:

Mike

Trung

Advanced Member
Impressive results.
Has the K-Pro leaned out the fueling at VTEC stage?

I'll be looking forward to seeing it on the track :wink: :p

T666YPR

Nice big wedge of torque with that power too 8) 8) 8)

Those figs are wicked :twisted:

No more belt problems I hope?

DC51VTC

Advanced Member
My lord, them's BIG numbers - Just need to lose the CherryBomb zorst now :wink: :lol:

Rob-DC2

Advanced Member
great! I bet your well happy mate, well you should be.

Can we swap for a day?

Please?

Rob

jonster

Advanced Member
Awesome figures Mike!!!!

You are gonna need some good tyres to put that sort of power down.

I've picked up my K-Pro today from Guy at CPL. Saw Doug there too. I just need to tune her now.

Which track are you going to test your beast on first?

Laters,

Jon

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
MJ Type-R said:

Mike

Yeah i WOULD love to see how she stands up on track too... make sure you let me and Franz know what trackday you are going on so that we can see if we can keep up with you :twisted:

there are still spaces at SNET or Cadwell if you fancy any of those, real tracks not airfields :wink:

UW

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Unnamed_warrior said:
MJ Type-R said:

Mike

Yeah i WOULD love to see how she stands up on track too... make sure you let me and Franz know what trackday you are going on so that we can see if we can keep up with you :twisted:

there are still spaces at SNET or Cadwell if you fancy any of those, real tracks not airfields :wink:

UW

I will in time, I've got other things in the pipe line now (sus etc).

I use airfields atm, manily because its cheaper, I'm new so if I mess up I don't hit anything!!!

As to the other question, I'm not prepared to say how much its all cost. I was very lucky, in the right place at the right time with the right car!! The cost is between me and the companies that have supplied the parts!

Mike

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
Nothing wrong with Airfields, Bedford is the best venue, for those with out Max Power exhausts :p :wink: :wink:

Mike good numbers, whats it like through the gears wheelspin in 2nd/3rd or is it OK?

BTW did you get my text?

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Hi Matt :wink:

Wheel spin, bad in 1st & 2nd + wheel hop (got motor mounts to go in, to help this though)

Also buying a coil over setup soon, need to sort the spring rates out... getting loads of various opinions, any words of wisdom Matt??

I've sent Bridge a email m8, not heard yet, will call them tomorrow.

Mike

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
I keep on saying Cusco are best out there, do they offer anything, Tein as proven is very good also, Mugen N1 :xnworthy: if you don't mind losing your onroad performance.

You fancy doing Bedford 30th August? You missed an excellent day last month, reckon Im quite handy round there was passing all the guys with cut slicks :p and didnt spin all day 8) First trackday this year I havent spun :D

Next time you're over my side drop me a text need to catch up havent seen you in ages.

I have Harnesses, 633 Cams, and Ali Belled Disks (in the post), and fingers crossed KMS Wheels, Nitrons, Short Shift and some paintwork (Animal and wood :lol: )very soon. Still pondering over a Honda lump, think it would have to be supercharged :wink:

Thanks chap, Im a bit illegal :shock: :)