Abingdon Trackday Fri 24th Feb anyone?

g-zone

Advanced Member
Here's my quick review of the days events:

It was bloody cold! But apart from that, the track is quite a twisty track with all corners taken in 3rd and a couple of shortish straights only getting to 105mph tops. This made for more of a drivers track and the lighter cars with shorter gear ratios had the advantage here. It was a more technical track than Hullavington and pretty addictive... "just one more lap and then in... and maybe just one after that or not!". It was also very easy on the tires - surfaces were pretty smooth all the way round.

This was the first time out on the Spoon springs and tower brace as well. They performed admirably making the car soooo much more stable under braking than the crappy stock springs. Turn-in was noticably improved as well.

Also had instruction from Alan Blencowe (Ex touring car driver - Barwell Civic-R). This proved useful as he changed my lines on some of the corners and got me on the power sooner. He also advised that VTEC was not always necessary!!!

All in all a really fun day on a good track which I will probably go back to.

Now the important bit, the video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 8265100153

It's 55mb.

Duncs

i met Alun at Hulavington on the 17th, he was desperate to get in and have a drive of my car!!!!
top guy, gave me lots of feedback on my driving from outside the car, spins and all!!!
glad you liked Abingdon drove past the airfield on the way to Stoneleigh park for the 'Historic Sports and Racing car show' last saturday.
will give it a go later in the year :D

g-zone

Advanced Member
Yeah, Alans a top bloke! First thing he said when he got in the car was "I was hoping to get a ride in this" :D

The teg was getting a lot of attention that day! 8)

Wootty

Advanced Member
Keevil 6th March

FYI..

From Motorsports events
...>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

March Special Offer: Due to a small corporate cancellation for Mondays event at Keevil we are offering 10 places at just £69 each for this fantastic open pit lane event. A very small number of half day places are also available.

Our Lotus Elise is also available to hire at this event with sessions available at £30 each and passenger rides from a top racing driver at just £20.

Keevil Monday 6th March £69 - 10 places available
Hullavington Friday 17th March £109 - 12 places available
Abingdon Friday 24th March £109 - 6 places available

At Motorsport Events track days we work hard to give you:
Open pit Lane = loads of track time
Coaching available from experienced Motorsport professionals
Fun & friendly atmosphere
Our events are track days and are not test days - road cars only allowed!
Firm but fair driving standards rules
All of our airfield venues operate with a 100dB(A) noise limit.

To secure your place please call the booking hotline on 0870 787 2116 or if you would prefer to pay by cheque you can download a booking form by clicking this link: Booking Form

Motorsport Events Ltd
trackdays@motorsport-events.com
www.motorsport-events.com
Tel: 0870 787 2116

Duncs

he didn't say, but i didn't ask either, so?
i think he was peddling the elise for passenger rides

if he is at one later in the year i may take him out to give him a lesson :wink:

he was dead keen on the DC5, i think he said they were looking to buy one later in the year as they were looking for a platform to teach racing drivers FWD techniques.
the ready to role DC5 seemed to fit the bill, interested in any mods i had done, and as you know mine is pretty much straight out of the box.
even made me a playful offer, if i wanted to sell :wink:

g-zone

Advanced Member
Re: Keevil 6th March

Wootty said:
FYI..

From Motorsports events
...>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

March Special Offer: Due to a small corporate cancellation for Mondays event at Keevil we are offering 10 places at just £69 each for this fantastic open pit lane event. A very small number of half day places are also available.

Our Lotus Elise is also available to hire at this event with sessions available at £30 each and passenger rides from a top racing driver at just £20.

Keevil Monday 6th March £69 - 10 places available
Hullavington Friday 17th March £109 - 12 places available
Abingdon Friday 24th March £109 - 6 places available

At Motorsport Events track days we work hard to give you:
Open pit Lane = loads of track time
Coaching available from experienced Motorsport professionals
Fun & friendly atmosphere
Our events are track days and are not test days - road cars only allowed!
Firm but fair driving standards rules
All of our airfield venues operate with a 100dB(A) noise limit.

To secure your place please call the booking hotline on 0870 787 2116 or if you would prefer to pay by cheque you can download a booking form by clicking this link: Booking Form

Motorsport Events Ltd
trackdays@motorsport-events.com
www.motorsport-events.com
Tel: 0870 787 2116
Hmmm, Keevil is very tempting, but my car insurance is due this month :(