ABS brakes kick back at low speed?? :S

Vindots

Advanced Member
Hey guys,

My dc5 was working fine just until this morning, some random ABS pulsating "kick back" happening during low speed braking? Got an electrical shop to scan my car, but they couldnt find any trouble and thing is , there is no ABS light coming out?

so the problem that me and my mechanic are thinking includes:

Requires full system bleeding?
Some sensor requires replacement? -well needs to be inspected first,

any other causes you guys may think of?
that would help :)

btw my mechanic said its not the abs because the light is not on, there might be one of the wheels is locking up
that's why abs is trying to compensate by activation and pedal kick back?

any pro and amateur advise would be helpful thanks guys!

vin

leejw87

Spoon Whore
1 of the Reluctor Rings will probably have a crack in it, get your mechanic to check that, more than likely to be the front ones aswells,

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Is it every time? And only low speed?

I would doubt its anything to do with bleeding

What are your tyres like are you sure it's not skidding or actually losing traction?

If the abs activates then it means the system thinks your wheel has stopped going around . If there are a few teeth missing from the ring it can cause this type of problem sometimes, as it doesn't register a pulse when the gaps go past it could think it has stopped so activate the pump to pulse the system. normally if it's a sensor gone it would bring the light on during self check on startup.

Vindots

Advanced Member
no, not all the time mate,
btw i went to honda, they reset and erase some code?? i didnt understand that, but its gone away,, well that's only like 10kms drive from resetting the abs in the ecu, hopefully it wont come on again.

thanks guys!

Vindots

Advanced Member
It came back.. This time the abs light came on, But then i went to local performance electrical shop with new model scanner, it was detected that the front right abs sensor has failed,
So replaced that, no problems of kicking back anymore.