ABS LIGHT CAME ON

khizwork

Hi guys, my ABS light came on all of a sudden today. would any one know why it might be? and how serious it is? I only get the time to take the car to a garage on weekend. do you guys think it is safe to carry on driving untill then? and have any of u dc5 owners had similar problem before.

Thanks in advance

rainz

i have problems with the abs light also.....

if you start the car the light is off, after you drive over 80km/h or so it goes on. I`m guessing it is an abs sensor that is malfunctioning... any help would be appreciated.

It is safe to drive with the light on, just remember that it is not working at the time the light is on.

regards

RaInZ

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
check your brake fluid level, theres something in my head that suggests if its low the light can come on, bizare as it sounds.

other than that get the codes read by a garage, i have never heard of a dc5 with an actual abs fault (other than accidental damage to a sensor)

khizwork

Thanks guys,

It went off this morning :) .

I guess its maybe to do with the way I been driving all day yesterday, I tested it to the limit in roads around st albans and hatfield all day, cos i wanted to test new drive shaft which was put on. Actually finished £30 quid fuel in half hour :D

Having said that I definately need to get the breake fluid level checked now. Another trip to Tom in early hours of saturday morning :roll: