ABS Light - How to read codes

ellb123

Hi all,

ABS light has came on, any ideas how to pull the code for this?

I know the cheapy OBD scanners wont pull the code, I've read about a paper clip in some ports but there is no current information I can find.

Cheers,
Ell

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi.

The ELM 327 and the Torque OBD app have worked for me and correctly diagnosed the right code. The adapter is the bigger black plastic one with the orange and blue label and appears to be better put together. It's the mini light blue coloured adapters that according to some are sus and don't do the job.

If you can get away with the paper clips, they appear to work and there seems to be plenty of advice as to how they work.

Regards.

ellb123

I never even considered a bluetooth OBD tool, great shout!

So using a bluetooth obd scanner and downloading the ELM327 or Torque app, I should be able to pull the ABS Code?

Any recommendations on a bluetooth OBD scanner?

carl hammond

Advanced Member

So using a bluetooth obd scanner and downloading the ELM327 or Torque app, I should be able to pull the ABS Code?

Hi mate where are you based? I have a couple of these sitting around so if local can try it and see if it works, I use it through my android headunit and torque app.

If I can find the spare one tonight you can have it cheap if you want one?

Carl

Granty1056

Advanced Member
ellb123 said:

Hi.

If you have a look on YouTube. Review by Leboview. ELM 327 and torque OBD App the guy shows what can be done. Not only does it read fault codes you can create some fun instrument displays, bluetoothed to your phone or tablet.

Regards.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Granty1056 said:
Hi.

If you have a look on YouTube. Review by Leboview. ELM 327 and torque OBD App the guy shows what can be done. Not only does it read fault codes you can create some fun instrument displays, bluetoothed to your phone or tablet.

Regards.
Like this and more

That‘s using my stereo‘s WiFi to run torque when on track

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Would this work on an older double din head unit? Mine doesn't have anything fancy like Bluetooth or WiFi.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Would this work on an older double din head unit? Mine doesn't have anything fancy like Bluetooth or WiFi.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk
No mate not that I know of, you'd need to get a Bluetooth or wifi obd2 reader, stereo with the same and then link them (I use wifi) then setup the car in the Torque App and job done, only other way would be mirroring from the app on a phone to stereo but again would need a newer headunit I assume

bxlheathsupra

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
No mate not that I know of, you'd need to get a Bluetooth or wifi obd2 reader, stereo with the same and then link them (I use wifi) then setup the car in the Torque App and job done, only other way would be mirroring from the app on a phone to stereo but again would need a newer headunit I assume
What model headunit is that? Is that torque installed on your headunit?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
bxlyheathsupra said:
What model headunit is that? Is that torque installed on your headunit?

Yes mate torque came installed on it for me when I bought it along with a navigation system etc, it‘s an Eonon G2150F unit.

I just need to fit the reverse camera it also came with when I can be bothered

ellb123

Just as an update to this, I bought a Bluetooth scanner and and tried the PLM app and Torque app, neither can scan ABS codes....

So back to square one, any ideas?

bxlheathsupra

Advanced Member
Depends what bluetooth dongle u got.. i had a blue elm one didnt work so got an xtrons one and it works fine

ellb123

Funnily enough yeah it was the blue ELM one

Can you link me the one you have please? And it definitely scans ABS codes? Which app are you using with it?

Stevieh62000

I know this is an old thread but if anyone has any recommendations for a OBD scanner and app that can pull Abs codes I'd really appreciate it.
I've tried the xtrons one with torque and didn't work.

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
I’ve used an apple app called DashCmd and the larger orange and blue ELM Bluetooth dongle before, as above really.