ACURA RSX USDM vs JDM INTEGRA TYPE R

Vindots

Advanced Member
would this aftermarket bushing (polyurethane) http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=16%2E3116# fits our JDM ITR?
it is for ACURA RSX,,, does JDM ITR and ACURA RSX share the same size of Front lower control arm bushing?
thanks guys!

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
Nope! Totally different.
Superflex are the only bushes that fit.
SPD trader on here was doing a group buy.
See the traders section and my "How 2" on fitting them.
J

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
YES! They will fit perfectly because I recently purchase this Energy suspension master bushing set from Funky power.

Front LCA bushing set

Installed

Can't comment on the improvement yet because I just did the driver side only as it took nearly half a day to do one side, lol. I will do a write up after it's all done.

Vindots

Advanced Member
Helpful info guys (sooo helpful!!) thank you..

I found a dealer of superpro here in NZ, will give them a ring tomorrow.. both of them are polyurethane aye? so the same performance I would say?

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
Both are polyurethane, but it seems Superpro's front LCA bushing design is different compare to Energy suspension, they got a geometry setting on them (as seen on the "How to"). I don't know if it's better or not :-k I got Superpro ARB bushings on my car and they are excellent.

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
Bonson, good to know they fit,
I was told they would not fit as there designed for the ep3 suspension.
J

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
i am also suprised they fit,
however the arms are definatly different (made from steel for a start) doesnt mean the bush is different, infact as the dc5 arms fit the ep3 it makes some sense thet the bushes are the same.

good luck.

Vindots

Advanced Member
in conclusion, this one would fit http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=16%2E3116# ,, thanks guys for info,this forum is so helpful! especially for me, because here in nz, not much dc5R here around.

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
Nay problems guys, i am hoping to finish the complete set up (Front & Rear) first and realign + camber the wheels again before i'll do a detail "How to" on this job! However, it might take me a while to complete this due to working and having less time on the car but i will try my best. So the plan is to get up at silly o'clock in the morning and give it a bash for a few hours before going to work. I should able to do this quicker than last time as i got more experience and with the correct tools. And by the way, i do not have access to a 20ton press so i have to use alternative methods (i.e Drill, Hacksaw & Burn O:) )

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
Ok, so after many hours of pain & stress i have finally finished all of the bushings on the car! I am please to say everything fits perfectly :D The ride feels like a brick!
Can feel almost every bump on the road, lol. Booked in to Honda on Monday for wheels alignment, so after all that's done i shall write a guide on this job.