Admiral multicar insurance any good?

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Anyone using Admiral with their multicar insurance? how do you rate it?
Iv'e got my runner with them and had a pre quote on the Teg earlier this year and it sounded pretty good, it's getting nearer the time to re insure the Teg so just wondering what are the pro's and con's using them.

T.G.

cjh1981

Advanced Member
I was with them 3 years with the misses car and they was really good with us. When renewal came through the negotiated it down a fair bit. The only claim was on the misses car and they sorted out very well and quickly.

Never paid more than 450 for the DC5. As with all insurance companies. Now with Green Light for year number 4 of owning the DC5 and seem spot on customer service wise so far and very cheap even with mods.

dc5ian

Advanced Member
ask sky, they do a fleet policy, i have my atom and van insured with them for 1100

Dan Evans

Advanced Member
Yeah my whole family is on one multi car policy, insuring 5 cars, despite us being at three different addresses.

Always good value, the more cars the better. I.e when we added the fifth car for my mum a few weeks back it bought all four previous policies down and it only ended up costing an extra £60 for the new car,

Downside is the monthly payments are awful, you need to pay up front. Never made a claim so can't comment on customer service during the policy. Also they had no issues with my basic mods (wheels, lowered, exhaust, intake)

Neil@Greenlight

Authorised Trader
Topgeezer said:
Anyone using Admiral with their multicar insurance? how do you rate it?
Iv'e got my runner with them and had a pre quote on the Teg earlier this year and it sounded pretty good, it's getting nearer the time to re insure the Teg so just wondering what are the pro's and con's using them.

T.G.
We can offer a mirrored NCB policy so if you wanted to insure your daily runner with whichever company comes out best on Go-Compare. Then we can insure the DC5 for you with a mirrored NCB giving allowing you to spread your NCB discount accross both cars. If you can do 5k miles or less in the DC5 it should lead to some very competitive prices.

Multicar policies are great if you have 2-3 similar cars but where your two cars are very different one being a normal daily driver and the other a Japanse Import you will probably find a much better price by keeping them with seperate compamies.

If you wanted to drop me a PM with your contact number id be happy to get in touch to run a quote.

Kind Regards
Neil

Dan Evans

Advanced Member
Our cars are quite varied neil and the price on each is very competitive, but maybe running five cars make us an exception to that.
Focus rs, dc5, abarth punto evo, mondeo titanium sport estate, grande punto sporting

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Neil@Greenlight said:
We can offer a mirrored NCB policy so if you wanted to insure your daily runner with whichever company comes out best on Go-Compare. Then we can insure the DC5 for you with a mirrored NCB giving allowing you to spread your NCB discount accross both cars. If you can do 5k miles or less in the DC5 it should lead to some very competitive prices.

Multicar policies are great if you have 2-3 similar cars but where your two cars are very different one being a normal daily driver and the other a Japanse Import you will probably find a much better price by keeping them with seperate compamies.

If you wanted to drop me a PM with your contact number id be happy to get in touch to run a quote.

Kind Regards
Neil
Neil, i have coming up ten years NCB on the Teg and only two years NCB on the runner, with both cars only doing 4000 miles each per year, how would that work?

T.G.

Neil@Greenlight

Authorised Trader
Topgeezer said:
Neil, i have coming up ten years NCB on the Teg and only two years NCB on the runner, with both cars only doing 4000 miles each per year, how would that work?

T.G.
You could insure the runner with 10yrs NCB on a normal policy via go-comare and that will give you the best price for that.

We would insure the Integra with 2yrs NCB but actually mirror the discount from the main car so you pay the price on the Integra as if you had 10yrs NCB as well.....You will gain NCB on the integra each year you are with us so eventually you will have two sets of Full NCB.

Normally you can only use your NCB on one policy at a time but we offer mirrored NCB to make it easier for a customer to insure two vehicles. You having a daily runner actually benefits us as it means the Integra generally only gets used for pleasure which leads to less claims. We find that if customer has a daily runner if they go somewhere dodgy rather than take the Integra they would take the daily runner thus less exposure for us on claims :)

With you doing under 5k it should lead to some great quotes.

Sorry to Waffle on but hope this explains things.

If you need to get a firm price you can drop me a PM with your contact details and i'll run you a price (if you can wait until it 21 days before your insurance is due that way i can give you a guarenteed price)

Kind Regards
neil