Admiral

RobS

Advanced Member
Got my renewal through from Sky, £725 this year, compared to last years £750.

Tried Greenlight, best they could do was £679, just tried admiral online and...

£405.98 or £42.10 monthly!

im shocked lol, definitely a DC5 as it states dc5 in the car section.

I will be amazed if Sky get anywhere close to matching it, they have rang me and said ring us with your best before you sign up and let us try and match but I cant see them dropping over 300 quid like.

result lol :)

adamamuk

Advanced Member
Good work there mate!
When I did mine back in June, I was originally quoted £850. Shopped around a bit, ended up paying £410 fully comp with Adrian Flux.

RobS

Advanced Member
lovely, 50% off :) I've submitted a quote with Brentacre and Adrian Flux as well tonight, see what they come back with tomorrow as well first :)

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
Note that admiral does not cover modifications like for like even if declared.. You need to buy some extra insurance from them to cover your mods but even that only covers upto £500 or something...

Mark_teg

Staff member
I wouldn't bother with admiral personally! They'll keep you on the phone for an hour trying to sell you every possible add-on and they have high excess'.
I used to quite like renewal time with Greenlight; they don't 'try it on' with high renewals like most companies and we always used to have a decent chat about cars! The only negative about them is they don't insure my current car :(

adam.

Advanced Member
Admiral had an extra £350 off me compared to the 172 Cup with mods that the DC5 replaced.

Robbing bastards.

RobS

Advanced Member
Tim,

got a great quote but was advised that the car on the system is a DC2 1.8 but that the agent had spoken to the underwriter who understood it was a DC5 2.0 and that the quote and policy in general is valid.

Little concerned about that, can you clarify at all and confirm it will be properly covered?

2ndy

Advanced Member
When anyone gets a quote with adrian flux does the car come up on the drop down box saying diesel? I selected the only 2.0 integra and it said that but I got a decent quote..

Although im still waiting on my renewal from green light but this one from flux beats my current policy by near £400!

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Just go through Sainsbury, brings it up as a DC5 and much cheaper than everyone else.

2ndy

Advanced Member
Sainsburys wont quote me.. maybe cause im from NI.. My insurance is due for renewal on the 24th i think, hoping greenlight will give me a good renewal quote just as theyre the best company ive used

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Mad that is, Northern Ireland is part of the UK ffs doesn't make any sense. Could be your age perhaps, how old are you?

2ndy

Advanced Member
I'm 24 so I thought I would be ok.. Going to give them a call later anyway and see, maybe they just need to check as its a higher risk car.. Have had a few insurance companies decline me in the past cause of being in NI... really doesn't make sense

Justintian

Advanced Member
Andy, I am currently on Sainsbury so you should be fine if you phone them up. With your netcard number you get almost 30% off

RobS

Advanced Member
No nectar card here, £515 best price from Sainsburys.

Prestige - £389 but worry over car model
Admiral - £405 but their Admiral
Adrian Flux - £450
Greenlight - £679
Renewal from Sky - £725

still to hear back from Brentacre and Keith Michaels, anyone else I have missed?

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
RobS said:
No nectar card here, £515 best price from Sainsburys.

Prestige - £389 but worry over car model
Admiral - £405 but their Admiral
Adrian Flux - £450
Greenlight - £679
Renewal from Sky - £725

still to hear back from Brentacre and Keith Michaels, anyone else I have missed?
Could give brentacre (cheapest for me 22 year old) and A plan (however couldn't quote me due to age - needed to be 23).

Tim@Prestige

Advanced Member
Hi Rob
Glad to see we are cheapest :)
As regards the car model, there isn't a problem. Our software shows certain models so we rate it on these knowing your car is the 2.0 model. I've had this many a time & it doesn't affect your type of cover - you are properly covered on your car. We can send a letter to confirm this also :)
Any issues, please speak to me directly.
Thanks
Tim

p1tse

Advanced Member
I take on board what mark_teg mentioned

But for basic comp cover £150 voluntary excess

I'm surprised to get a quote to be honest and even more surprised it was so low and came in c.£200!