Advice Need - Car "Coughing"

Dazmartin

Hi all, my car has been SORN of road for nearly 1 year, I have it back on the road now with new clutch, tyres, disks, pads and new pre-cat sensor. However, the engine management light comes on every now and then and at low speed when cold the car appears to splutter "cough" ever so slightly. This doesn't happen if I put my foot down. Someone at work mentions it could be the MAP sensor.
When running I have unplugged what i believe to be the MAP sensor (blue plug above the air intake) and the engine note doesn't change, apparently it should run rough. Does this sound like the right sensor ? It's just its quiet expensive to buy if it's the wrong bit and i have just spent over £1.5K getting it back on the road.

Thanks.

bxlheathsupra

Advanced Member
Have u hade the diagnostocs read. Might give an idea of what the fault is thats occasionally been popping up

kyle'87

Advanced Member
Your map sensor is on top of the throttle body and if unplugged while the car is running should kill the car.

Get a code reader on it to see what the engine light is about, the error code should be stored if you haven't pulled the battery and ECU fuse since it last came on.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Check the map sensor with a multimeter

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk