Advice needed

Raff_DC5

Hi
Wanted some advice. Car is currently off road after track day on Saturday at Croft. On the way home clutch dropped to the ground and I suspect it‘s slave cylinder as I could see some leaked fluid.

Car is going to have this sorted and I was thinking of having the clutch changed too. I will be going OEM Honda. Should I get a lighter flywheel? Car I used mainly for track.

I‘m also considering an oil cooler as oil temps kept reaching 125c very quickly. It was a hot day but it meant I had to do a cool down lap every time it did.

What are your suggestions?

spooke

Advanced Member
Wouldn't bother with a flywheel you'll save 1-2kg at best, perhaps a final drive but that's more costly.

Oil cooler sounds like a wise decision as your temps are getting pretty high, where are you reading that from?

Fez

Advanced Member
As above, the standard flywheel is already light (4.4kg) the only one that would be worth getting for the weight is the clockwise, 2.9kgs but at £355 to only save 1.5kg, i doubt that would be very noticable.

Deffo worth fitting an oil cooler if doing plenty of track time, with a thermostatic sandwich plate so it can actually get up to temp lol

Raff_DC5

spooke said:
Wouldn't bother with a flywheel you'll save 1-2kg at best, perhaps a final drive but that's more costly.

Oil cooler sounds like a wise decision as your temps are getting pretty high, where are you reading that from?
Thanks. I‘m getting a reading from the oil filter. Sandwich plate used. I think it‘s a accurate as I can gets.

I was thinking the same. I didn‘t want to send daft money which made no difference.

Raff_DC5

Fez said:
As above, the standard flywheel is already light (4.4kg) the only one that would be worth getting for the weight is the clockwise, 2.9kgs but at £355 to only save 1.5kg, i doubt that would be very noticable.

Deffo worth fitting an oil cooler if doing plenty of track time, with a thermostatic sandwich plate so it can actually get up to temp lol
Thanks. Yeah will be getting the Mocul 16-19 row off either Tegiwa or area motorsport. Will be thermostatic as I have heard cooling it too much isn‘t good.

How easy it it to fit