Advice on buying DC5

T-Mach

Hi Guys,

New to the forum, come from a load of previous cars including a lot of Hondas, DC2, EP3, S2000 etc.

I'm after a DC5 as the DC2 was one of my favourite cars I've owned but fancy trying the DC5.

I'm toying between 2 different ones. 1st is a facelift with 60k miles, been in the country since 2008 I believe. It's not the cleanest for the mileage and has a few things that would need doing. Such as new wing mirrors, new stickers/badges, comes with fake TE37 in gold so I would like to get original OEM wheels and the driver seat looks a bit tatty. It has some nice mods like mugen exhaust, tegiwa intake, kpro and k-tuned 4-2-1 manifold

The 2nd is a pre facelift but with almost 120k miles but just imported this year by Torque GT, but looks pretty mint and nothing really needing done other than new stickers. It's only £500 more than the 1st one but the mileage of the 1st one is quite a good deal even if it does need some things done.

One thing to note, the 1st one is round the corner from me and the 2nd is about 5 hours away.

Lemons

Advanced Member
I would view both, check the DC5 is something you are after by looking at the local one. If it's what you want go view the one 5 hours away, if it's recently been imported by TGT it's likely to be a solid car.

Also note with a fresh import you will still need to replace parts so a car which has been in the country a bit longer but with a list of receipts would be better.

2Cent

I agree with Lemons, go see the one close to you. 60,000miles sounds like a much better choice to me especially if the price is almost the same, 120k is alot of miles and much of it is surely worn.