Advice on couple of DC5's

FireDance

Advanced Member

Mark_teg

Staff member
Tough one! Neither are inspiring me tbh, but that could just be the poor adverts.

Go to see them both if possible..

The first car I'd double check the milage and want documentation to help back it up, as with any car I suppose. I'd specifically want to see the BIMTA certificate. The reason I'm saying this (bear with me here) is because the odometer reads 121k, so the seller is claiming it hasn't been adjusted on import.
The car is imported by Torque GT, who normally adjust the odometer to total miles (instead of the mix of kms and miles). My car was imported by them and the odometer was adjusted to suit, so have others that I know of via the same importer.. So just double check this. It could be legit and the BIMTA cert will help confirm this.
Poor photos dont really help with showing the car..

The second car looks quite nice actually! This may sound very shallow of me, but the very poorly written advert puts me off completely! But thats a personal thing of course :)

I dont mean to put you off, but dont just go for the car with the lowest odometer reading. IMO a car with a higher reading but a substancial history is the better purchase!.

Hope this helps!

davidpingu

Advanced Member
1st ad: "I have had this car for 6 months (in which I have meticulously cared for it... Regular oil changes etc)"

How many oil changes can you do in 6 months????

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
davidpingu said:
1st ad: "I have had this car for 6 months (in which I have meticulously cared for it... Regular oil changes etc)" <br /><br /><br />How many oil changes can you do in 6 months????
<br /><br />funny I thought this also. ...

itrsarg

Advanced Member
I would go for the blue one fresh import from torque gt 1 owner, I would find out why it had new headlights fitted from torque gt tho.

Mark_teg

Staff member
itrsarg said:
I would go for the blue one fresh import from torque gt 1 owner, I would find out why it had new headlights fitted from torque gt tho.
<br /><br />Probably due to clouding.

CJN

Advanced Member
My zDC5 was imported by Torque GT. My meter reads in kms, not mls.<br /><br />Kms = 92189 / mls = 57285.

Mark_teg

Staff member
CJN said:
My zDC5 was imported by Torque GT. My meter reads in kms, not mls.<br /><br />Kms = 92189 / mls = 57285.
<br /><br />Is your speedo in mph?

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
CJN said:
Mine was from Torque GT also and reads the opposite = miles and MPH, Mike also gave me the Bimta form with the Kms converted to miles ;)

CJN

Advanced Member
I have the BITMA cert. I just posted what was on that.<br /><br />Still reading in kms I think as its over 100k kms..

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
I got mine from Torque GT too. BITMA certificate when it was converted for SVA test, and I too havent had the clocks changed to read the exsisting distance the car has travelled in miles. But it has had the speedo converter installed. This means IT WILL read in miles from its time in the uk since it was installed, so how I work it out is.....

115,000 kms on import, (certificate to prove)
now reads a total of 130,000 Mixture of both

So from 115,000kms - 130,000 = 15,000 uk miles.

115,000 kms, equivilates to about 71,000 miles so add on my 15,000 that I have travelled in the UK and that gives my total reading. :)

If youre car reads in MPH, the ODO meter will also record in miles :)

(This is how mike at torque explained it to me anyways.) I didnt have my odo adjusted to read all miles, so I can say it hasn't been "clocked"

Torque-GT

Regarding odometer conversions. We now have the software in house to convert the digital odometers from km to miles. If any of our existing customers require their odometers to be corrected to a true value we can perform this service free of charge. It will take around 10/15 minutes

We would require the car to be imported by us and have the paperwork present to confirm mileage i.e BIMTA and MOT History. We can issue another certificate to confirm the correction

Please e-mail/PM/Call if you want us to do it.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Torque-GT said:
Regarding odometer conversions. We now have the software in house to convert the digital odometers from km to miles. If any of our existing customers require their odometers to be corrected to a true value we can perform this service free of charge. It will take around 10/15 minutes

We would require the car to be imported by us and have the paperwork present to confirm mileage i.e BIMTA and MOT History. We can issue another certificate to confirm the correction

Please e-mail/PM/Call if you want us to do it.
Only if you can take off about 30k miles!! Lol

So I bought my car from you 5 years ago and got the certificate saying what mileage it was when imported and when I bought it from you. So how would you go about getting the correct mileage for it?! I'm confused!

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Gok (aka Chinese Adam) said:
Only if you can take off about 30k miles!! Lol

So I bought my car from you 5 years ago and got the certificate saying what mileage it was when imported and when I bought it from you. So how would you go about getting the correct mileage for it?! I'm confused!
You just get the km reading on the BIMTA certificate and minus what it equated to in Miles. That gives you the difference your car is reading and the amount of miles that need taking off.

SO mine was reading on import:

17400km which is 10812 miles.

So 17400 - 10812 = 6588 miles

So now my Current reading is 6588 miles out at 45k miles.

45000 miles - 6588 miles = actual mileage which is 38412 miles.

Is that right Mike?