Advice on selling to breakers or Spares/Repair

StuMcGrath

Advanced Member
Hi All,

My engine gave up on my teg with suspected "big end" issues last week and will be collecting my 2016 Nissan X-Trail at the end of the week.

What's everyone's experience with selling to breakers or Spares/Repair ? (I'm in the Glasgow area.)
Not sure if it's worth the effort fixing the engine issue then selling or just take the hit selling with the damaged engine.

Cheers..
Stu.

ste01

Advanced Member
Have you tried we buy any car? I've sold to scrap yards before and we buy any car are far less thorough at checking a car over. As long as you can clear the EML from lighting up they probably won't even notice. I've never even seen them drive a car before they buy it at the place near me 😂

I sold them an Mx5 that had been spun into a wall by someone... , and I just rattle canned over the scratches (after hitting it roughly back into shape with a hammer from inside the boot) and they only knocked £15 off because a reflector was broken 😭 worth a shout

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
Few people buy dc5 for breaking.. have a look on Facebook.. give integrastella a call and see how much he offers

skengdR

Advanced Member
if you decide to break I am sure parts will go quickly , I know id be interested in some

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

StuMcGrath

Advanced Member
Dazaturbo said:
I have a k20a for sale cheap mate if it‘s any use?
How cheap and where are you located ... ?
Cheers...

ste01 said:
Have you tried we buy any car? I've sold to scrap yards before and we buy any car are far less thorough at checking a car over. As long as you can clear the EML from lighting up they probably won't even notice. I've never even seen them drive a car before they buy it at the place near me

I sold them an Mx5 that had been spun into a wall by someone... , and I just rattle canned over the scratches (after hitting it roughly back into shape with a hammer from inside the boot) and they only knocked £15 off because a reflector was broken worth a shout
The DC5 isn't listed on Webuyanycar.com so not sure they would take it even if its working ?

mikey_t8 said:
Few people buy dc5 for breaking.. have a look on Facebook.. give integrastella a call and see how much he offers
Cheers will give him a call if I decide to go that route.

StuMcGrath

Advanced Member
DC5 got trailered away today by integrastella :xaiweb4: , decided wasn't really worth the cost/time to get it back working again to sell it compared to the price he offered.

the last 11 1/2 years of ownership was fun now got the realisation that I'll be driving a X-Trail for the next 5 or 6 years :xaiweb6: