advice please

Lcr Dave

hi guys got a car in mind, its had tein suspension an unknown de-cat exhaust and aem air filter, i think manifold as well, i asked for a pic under the bonnet which he sent, the car has done 45000km but he doesn't really know much about what else is done to it as its how he bought it, its been serviced ect by tgm, is the massive gap where the air box normally goes normal? and what are the blue wires? it looks abit grubby under the bonnet in the pics but the rest of the car is mint, also its just had new discs and pads, it has strut braces front and rear too, any input would be appriciated

Dave

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.

The "massive gap" is where the oem airbox normally sits. It looks like you have an aftermarket air filter on,probably AEM. The silver pipe to the lower right of the picture.

Same as mine, but its red. :D

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Looks like there's an AEM cold air intake fitted, hence the gap where the airbox would be - it's down the bottom instead, getting nice cold air.

Blue wires look like an earthing kit to me.

Lcr Dave

thanks for the replies! and thanks for putting the picture up! ill have a search to see what an earthing kit does!

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
You say TGM have serviced it!

Give tom a bell on monday and ask him about the car. :idea:

01252-811972.

Lcr Dave

chalkie said:

01252-811972.
yeah i will mate thanks for that, i havent a clue what it is next to the filler cap!

neil_integra

Advanced Member
The thing near the oil filler cap is an "engine balance weight" believe it or not.
I saw an engine down at TGM with one on.
No idea what it actually does or how it does it.
But if some ones spent that amount of money on it. It may have internal engine mods.
You might also want to see what ECU it has on it as well.

Lcr Dave

lol ok good know what it does then, this is the thing the current owner doesn't even know what make exhaust it has, let alone what's been done to the engine, as for the ecu where do they normally live as ive seen some in the passenger foot well, ill give tom a ring at tgm and give him the number plate, hopefully he wont mind giving abit of info on the car, ill post the rest of the pics up tonight with the advert so i can get some feedback from you guys to whether its a good buy or not, ive got 2 in mind and i just don't know what one to get, both white but one with black interior the other is red

logik

Advanced Member
chalkie said:

01252-811972.
Have to agree with that. I mean i hear TGM are well respected so i reckon the car is good.

Lcr Dave

hi, spoke to tom today hes a nice bloke! anyway it all checked out fine he says its a good car so ill just go view it to see for myself now,

Lcr Dave

:D yes mate lovely car couple of bits bugging me now though lol, the exhaust is too loud and suspension to hard but i can sort both of those things out :wink: