Advice please...

White_DC5

Hello all,

My girlfriend and I are terrible for flirting with new cars. We drove past our local Peugeot dealer and they have a fantastic looking CW DC5 right at the front of the forecourt. I have emailed to ask for some info and I am just awaiting my second response.

Apparently it has just been traded in (against a bloody peugeot???) and the previous owner was the first in the UK and had sourced it himself. Full service history at TGM in Hants?

My girlfriend is very excited as I think she is convinced I am going to buy it (got lucky, I finally picked a girl who likes cars!!!)

Anyone got any buying advice? Questions I should be asking or anything to look out for?

Thanks in advance and can I just say, this forum seems a lovely place!!

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
good choice, generally very reliable, with hardly any faults to speak of, the drivers seat bolster can collapse but is an easy fix, lambda sensors car go esp with an aftermarket exhaust or decat but again an easy fix. thatsb it really, not bad on fuel, or tyres

the only thing that is really gonna cost is the fuel you use, not that they are poor economically, you just wont be able to stop driving it!!!

one thing is to keep an eye on the oil level, it should always be around the max mark when warm and to ensure correct engine and vtec operation better to keep it that way.

post up the reg and if anyone knows the car they will say so.

White_DC5

I didn't take the reg ](*,) but did see it had a 200bhpcars sticker in the window (imported by) and it had itr-dc5 stickers too :)

It is a Y reg DC5 in CW at Sidegate Motors in Great Yarmouth.

I know the engines are rather well thought of and reliable, but are they ridiculously expensive if they go wrong? I was amazed by insurance, I was expecting 2k plus as I am 21 and would be on my girlfriends policy (she is 24) as she would be the main user, but got a few quick quotes around £1400.

If anyone knows anything about the trade-in, I would be extremely interested in the info of the car!

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
Just a quick word of advice... do check when you're getting quotes, it is for a DC5 and not a DC2, all DC5's are imports and don't tend to show up on the insurance companies database and they end up quoting you for a UK DC2 and not a Japanese import DC5.

White_DC5

Cheers for that. I had tried to get a quote on comparison sites just as a ballpark figure but as you said, they only quote on the DC2. Admiral and Bell however do quote on 'Integra DC5 (Import)'. So I hope I have got the right one :)

eXceed

Resident Driver
White_DC5 said:
(got lucky, I finally picked a girl who likes cars!!!)
:xrealangry: :xrealangry: hah nice one :D. Can't really add to what the guys above have said but if it's had a full service history with TGM must be a good example!! Just make sure the Peugeot dealership haven't got their grubby hands on any of the servicing!!

White_DC5

Will check through the service history when they get back to me. They haven't replied to my very simple question, how many miles has it done?

I'm guessing it is going to be higher than I want which means, as my girlfriend has told me, 'we will just have to find one somewhere else in the country'.

Did look in good condition though. Couldn't believe it still hasn't been cleaned, on the forecourt all weekend by the looks of it and still not clean!

White_DC5

It is Y239 SCN and after a quick search, I see the previous owners was from Lowestoft (10 miles away from me) and his username was Ross M. Hasn't been active since February though so no point sending him a message!

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
I know Ross and the car. It was imported in January 2008 along with my DC5 from Andy of 200bhp cars. Ross has owned it the whole time it's been in the UK. He did have a minor accident which threw the suspension out, there was some minor panel damage too if I recall correctly. Everything was fixed to high standard and the suspension was sorted by TGM in Fleet (they know the DC5's inside out). I've seen it numerous times since as Ross used to attend many of the Norwich TRO meets.

I'll try and get in contact with Ross and get him to give you more details, in particular regarding the accident.

White_DC5

TypeGRRR said:
I know Ross and the car. It was imported in January 2008 along with my DC5 from Andy of 200bhp cars. Ross has owned it the whole time it's been in the UK. He did have a minor accident which threw the suspension out, there was some minor panel damage too if I recall correctly. Everything was fixed to high standard and the suspension was sorted by TGM in Fleet (they know the DC5's inside out). I've seen it numerous times since as Ross used to attend many of the Norwich TRO meets.

I'll try and get in contact with Ross and get him to give you more details, in particular regarding the accident.

Thank you for that :) I just want to piece together the information before I go any further. Funny how during a phone call with Peugeot they failed to mention any accidents or repairs?? hmmm..

If you could find any more information for me it would be very much appreciated. :xcheers:

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
White_DC5 said:
Thank you for that :) I just want to piece together the information before I go any further. Funny how during a phone call with Peugeot they failed to mention any accidents or repairs?? hmmm..

If you could find any more information for me it would be very much appreciated. :xcheers:
To be fair on the dealer, I doubt Ross shouted about it when he part exchanged it. As I said, I wouldn't let the previous damage put you off as it was fixed to a high standard.

White_DC5

TypeGRRR said:
White_DC5 said:

To be fair on the dealer, I doubt Ross shouted about it when he part exchanged it. As I said, I wouldn't let the previous damage put you off as it was fixed to a high standard.
I don't think it would bother me. I have a mutual respect and a higher level of trust for owner club members as they tend to be enthusiasts. Especially people who will import a car!

I am thinking about striking a deal but need to iron out a few things first and can't really do anything for another month yet!

dotty

Advanced Member
I remember it being a clean car when it came to various meets..

(3rd from the top)

Ross M

Advanced Member
Hi there!! I will Pm you, I was the original owner. Cheers to all for the kind words, I had not been on here as it was hard enough parting company with it!! :xcry: :xcry:
Ross

jay82

Advanced Member
Ross M said:
Hi there!! I will Pm you, I was the original owner. Cheers to all for the kind words, I had not been on here as it was hard enough parting company with it!! :xcry: :xcry:
Ross
so what made you trade it in off a Peugeot :cry:

White_DC5

They all look good in that picture! Hello Ross, any information you can give me would be great :) I think they might have over priced it slightly though, a lot on Pistonheads for around the same price with less miles. Still, sat in it today and it is in cracking condition. Need to take one for a drive next...

dotty

Advanced Member
jay82 said:
Ross M said:
Ross
so what made you trade it in off a Peugeot :cry:
The property ladder.

He decided to be a big boy and leave home =D>