Advice regarding value for selling :(

Conno

Hi,

Due to change of circumstances i'm looking to sell my dc5 soon but have no idea of the value and thought you guys me able to advise me.

It's a 2003 Blue dc5, i bought it about 10 months ago after looking at several others on the market.

It is showing 24000 and odd miles on the clock but was converted at 16500ish km to miles hence it has only done around 19000 miles (i have the certificate of converstion too)
Has the full japanese service history too (all in japanese)
Is 100% standard and unmodified and is an unabused example.
No dents anywhere no even a minor car park door dent.
Blue with the rare black recaros which are in great condtion.
C park with the hid lights, electric folding mirros privacy glass etc.
Has the front and rear genuine mats too and even has the live flare in the passenger footwell :)

I paid 13350 for it 10 months ago (top money) and i have since had it professionally undersealed at jrclassics.co.uk where every nook and cranny was treated underneath.

Also i have had a 7" widescreen dvd unit fitted which plays mp3 dvd discs etc.

Finally i have had the top of the range cat 1 toad alarm fitted with all the extras, remote engine start and stop, remote headlight activation, proximity sensor, tilt and tamper etc etc.

The only bad points to the car is there has been a small stone chip touched up on the bottom of the front lip spoiler which is hardly noticeable. The passenger seat has had a small threat pull on it at some point which has been sorted and is not noticable, both these faults were on the car when i got it and have never bothered me, i was going to get the full lip spoiler repainted but it's really not required. The condition of the car is genuinely represented by the low mileage of it. All alloys are completely unscuffed and are as new.

Im after a quick sale but dont want to give it away obvioulsy, i'll be gutted when it's gone! Any suggestions appreciated. Sorry for the book like entry but wanted to give as much info as possible.

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
I would imagine it would fetch 12k pretty fast and 13k if you were able to wait a while... HTH

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
Sounds like a very nice example,any pics?

Do you know which tax band it's in?

Be very careful with the "flair thing" they are supposed to be decomissioned(sp) :shock:

drivebymonkey

Advanced Member
i never knew that clippy thing was for a flair... in what circumstances would you possibly need a flair on the road!! :shock:

12-12.5K for a quick sale i reckon, sounds to be in pretty good nick. and at that price you wont have lost to much on it either.

Good luck with the sale mate. :D

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
drivebymonkey said:
i never knew that clippy thing was for a flair... in what circumstances would you possibly need a flair on the road!! :shock:
We use emergency triangles,the japs use fireworks. :D :D

drivebymonkey

Advanced Member
chalkie said:
drivebymonkey said:
We use emergency triangles,the japs use fireworks. :D :D
oh right... that doesnt constitute a fire hazard of any kind.... :? :lol:

Conno

Thanks for that, i thought maybe 12500 or near to it.

Cheers,
I have some pics on my mobile but am struggling to get then bluetoothed on to computer, then i'll post them asap,

cheers for the replies, oh think the flare is classed as a catagory 5 firearm! :shock: but its proper jdm ;)
Dave

redcap

Advanced Member
12-12.5k should be achievable but the car market is slow, you just need a genuine buyer who appreciates the condition and mileage of the car. I would assume that it's been regularly serviced and you have lots of relevant documents for it.

Conno

In answer to the tax band it's the 190 a year bracket.

Unusually it has all the japanese paperwork, even the how to drive safely manual which is helpful if you don't realise to use wipers in the rain and lights at night etc, although to follow it you need to be fluent in japanese! No seriously it has the japanese service history book which is stamped up several times in jap with the mileages on it etc, it is shocking how little milage the car actually did by the japanese owner!

Also the guy i bought the car off purchased a uk service book and i believe the last service was about 5000 miles ago although would have to look through to check.

I'm not one of those people that get the toothbrush into the engine bay but the car is autoglym'd as and when required.
Heres a couple of pics but they're huge!!!!

Attachments

logik

Advanced Member
You should be able to get 12k easily for this car mate. But as mentioned the car market is very very slow at the moment so it may take some time.

timp

Advanced Member
If you want to sell it quick then i would look closer to 11-11.5K.

If you believe the hipe then people are keeping hold of their cash right now and not buying.

:|