advice wanted on lowering springs 02 dc5r

snaildc5

ive a set of tenzo springs in mine at the moment but they do not sit level front and rear and the comfort level wouldnt be the best either. ive thought about coilovers but the roads around my area rule them out.. ive seen a few 5s with spoon springs and they seem to sit level but some people say they only lower the car a fraction and they are not worth the price tag.whats your opinions on this? could you recomend another brand with a nice level ride height and also some comfort level.
cheers,
Paddy..

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
If it was me i would go eibach's & a fast road set up. had them on my dc2 & my ep3 hope this helps.

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
what exactly is the fast road set up, can any normal tracking and balancing shop do it?
Yes they can if they know there stuff, but i would use tgm racing in fleet hampshire or tdi north depending were you live in the uk? frsu is rear camber arms & front camber bolts which allows more tyre contact to the road but am sure i will be corrected on this.

leejw87

Spoon Whore
If your wanting to get rid of your springs because of uneven ride height I wouldn't go for eibachs as they seems to give a reverse rake, comfort wise they seem to be better than OEM from what I've heard... but if it's the look your after either go for spoon or coilovers.

I have spoon on mine and it's sit even all round although I would like it to sit lower at the front.

dave7368

Advanced Member
If your wanting to get rid of your springs because of uneven ride height I wouldn't go for eibachs as they seems to give a reverse rake, comfort wise they seem to be better than OEM from what I've heard... but if it's the look your after either go for spoon or coilovers.

I have spoon on mine and it's sit even all round although I would like it to sit lower at the front.

i loved my eibachs before i went to coilovers, but agreed, they do sit low on the back, if you want yours lower on the front, maybe bolt the charger back on hehe....

shane_blueteg

Advanced Member
How much lower at the back do eibachs make it, compared to the front? I cant seem to find any photos of this? I'm getting springs next month hopefully and I was leaning towards eibach pro springs, but I keep hearing about them being 'uneven'. Any photos of this? Thanks

leejw87

Spoon Whore
i loved my eibachs before i went to coilovers, but agreed, they do sit low on the back, if you want oyurs lower on the front, maybe bolt the charger back on hehe....
Lol don't know what happened there, there was a photo of my ride height before haha.

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
I`ve had both Eibachs and Spoons on my car,I now have Tein STechs and I think these are the best of the bunch...height wise,see what you think

snaildc5

cheers folks alot of helpfull info and pics here.do you no if ep3 springs fit the dc5? i dont know of anywhere in ireland close to me that stock decent brands of springs so ill have to buy off ebay.only good brands i can find are for the ep3

wlizhi

Advanced Member
if im not wrong preface dc5 use ep3 eibach pro/sportline springs, not sure whether will fit facelift.

correct me if im worng.

snaildc5

@dc5-2ltr any chance you have a picture of the car from more of a side on angle? im still debating which ones to buy.i have to purchase in the next week or two so its time to get the finger out

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
@dc5-2ltr any chance you have a picture of the car from more of a side on angle? im still debating which ones to buy.i have to purchase in the next week or two so its time to get the finger out

Sorry about the quality,both phone pics :xno:

snaildc5

lovely job.thanks a million for that..i take it they are the 30mm springs? i think ill order a set

DC5R_Duty

Advanced Member
So the Tein STech springs are softer than the eibach and spoon?

Also can they fit the mugen suspension shock?